so why didnt mvilla buy out the rest of his contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course blame the club, with no evidence ffs some on here..... besides he had some shite games for us, or is that happily forgotten?

Surely we have more evidence of him wanting to sign and the club cocking up (Coming to London, all the social media stuff and Moyes press conferences) then of any other conclusion? So I counter back. "Of course defend the club, with no evidence ffs some on here...."

He didn't have many shite games for us, he was never the worst player on the pitch - some average ones, but that's expected around Christmas for the first season in the PL when there is normally a winter break and he had no pre-season.

Because there is only 1 loser and that is his current club. His club are either going to pay more money to M'Vila for nothing every week until January or they will see sense and terminate his contract altogether to allow him to sign for us for free before January. He isn't going to stump up the money and neither would I.

Surely we have more evidence of him wanting to sign and the club cocking up (Coming to London, all the social media stuff and Moyes press conferences) then of any other conclusion? So I counter back. "Of course defend the club, with no evidence ffs some on here...."

He didn't have many shite games for us, he was never the worst player on the pitch - some average ones, but that's expected around Christmas for the first season in the PL when there is normally a winter break and he had no pre-season.

Why would he come to England with no contact from the club, sounds a bit dodgy to me? Appointments should have been made, why contact them by phone once he is here, sounds like shite to be honest!

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that with lawyers in Russia for so many weeks as Moyes confirmed, they don't just not answer the phone. This is all a game of smoke and shadows, I have no doubt he will be signing a SAFC contract.

Just not sure when

it was ridiculous to ask £7m and we were never going to pay it, maybe 2 or 3 would have been reasonable, he won't sign for Sunderland in a million years now and it's not the clubs fault.

but now pay 7 mill or wait 4 months and pay nowt, errrrm knaa i will just wait.

and he becomes a free agent and gans elsewhere.

Because there is only 1 loser and that is his current club. His club are either going to pay more money to M'Vila for nothing every week until January or they will see sense and terminate his contract altogether to allow him to sign for us for free before January. He isn't going to stump up the money and neither would I.

After tonight he can't do that though.

but now pay 7 mill or wait 4 months and pay nowt, errrrm knaa i will just wait.

Theres no way we can tie someone on a pre contract who will be free, why wouldnt he wait to see what his other options are? Realistically only clubs like Man Utd can rely on a players word for this. As soon as Mvila is free there will pleny clubs to offer him a deal and hes not going to choose sunderland

After tonight he can't do that though.
If free agents can sign after the window has closed I can't see why not unless I'm missing something? Can he not sign on a free if his contract is terminated?

If free agents can sign after the window has closed I can't see why not unless I'm missing something? Can he not sign on a free if his contract is terminated?

As long as it's cancelled before the window closes. Then he could sign for who he likes when the window is closed.

If he's contracted when the international window closes (tonight at 12??) then he's not coming here before January. He'd only be allowed to sign somewhere where the window was still open.

Otherwise it would make the window pointless.

Could he not just buy out his contract and we give him signing-in fee of equivalent amount? Or slightly higher wages, meaning we pay £1.5m rather than £7m?
Why would Kazan accept the offer to buy out his own contract though?

edit: as in before the window shut....

As long as it's cancelled before the window closes. Then he could sign for who he likes when the window is closed.

If he's contracted when the international window closes (tonight at 12??) then he's not coming here before January.
Well if that is true then yes he will have to wait but as I understood it he could sign anytime when his contract is terminated, I did not know it had to be before midnight tonight. He still has a chance to go elsewhere yet, wouldn't blame him like.

Part of Fifa's Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players, Article 17 grew out of European Commission regulations on freedom of movement for workers and allows footballers to break their contract once a "protected period" has expired.

For those younger than 28 when they signed their contract, they must be three years into their deal - the 28 and overs can use it after just two years.

It does not act as a get out of jail free card though - the player must pay compensation to their club which is worked out based on wages and their original transfer fee.

Well if that is true then yes he will have to wait but as I understood it he could sign anytime when his contract is terminated, I did not know it had to be before midnight tonight. He still has a chance to go elsewhere yet, wouldn't blame him like.

Basically it's to stop abuse of trading of players during when the window is closed. If your contracted to a club when the window shuts, you can be released or your contract can be terminated, but you're in limbo till a window somewhere opens again. And it's 100% true.

Basically it's to stop abuse of trading of players during the window. If your contracted to a club when the window shuts, you can be released or your contract can be terminated, but you're in limbo till a window somewhere opens again.
Got to feel sorry for him though, obviously loves the fans and wants to be here, not happy with the club ignoring his calls today though if that was true.

Just to remind everyone when Roy Keanes contract was terminated by Man U mid window he had to wait until the next window opened before he could sign/play for Celtic

Got to feel sorry for him though, obviously loves the fans and wants to be here, not happy with the club ignoring his calls today though if that was true.
I don't doubt his desire to come and play for us but would I be right in saying that if we had coughed up the fee to his club yesterday he would have recieved some of it? His visit yesterday probably had the blessing of his present employer who would have liked us to pay now rather than nothing later which will also mean that his return on his signing will not be as profitable.

Could he not just buy out his contract and we give him signing-in fee of equivalent amount? Or slightly higher wages, meaning we pay £1.5m rather than £7m?

Legally and contractually no, they still hold his registration, the transfer fees are all about essentially buying the player, they could still release him from his contract at any time though ie essentially sack him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back