Mark Selby v Michael White

Ali Carter v Xiao Guodong

John Higgins v Alan McManus

Stuart Bingham v Ken Docherty

Judd Trump v Tom Ford

Stephen Maguire v Ryan Day

Mark Allen v Michael Holt

Neil Robertson v Robbie Williams

Starts Saturday. O'Sullivan 11/10 to win it. Personally I reckon Robertson will do well, 8/1 is a canny price I reckon.

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Robin Hull

Joe Perry v JamieBurnett

Shaun Murphy v Jamie Cope

Marco Fu v Martin Gould

Barry Hawkins v David Gilbert

Ricky Walden v Kyron Wilson

Mark Davis v Dominic Dale

Ding Jun-Wei v Michael Wasley

Judd Trump v Tom Ford

Starts Saturday. O'Sullivan 11/10 to win it. Personally I reckon Robertson will do well, 8/1 is a canny price I reckon.

Parrott and the boys are gonna wet themselves coming up with "jokes" for that one (Robbie Williams)

Can't see past Ronnie winning it, hope he does too, would love to see him beat hendrys record. Robertson good e/w bet at 8/1 .

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Robin Hull

Joe Perry v JamieBurnett

Shaun Murphy v Jamie Cope

Marco Fu v Martin Gould

Barry Hawkins v David Gilbert

Ricky Walden v Kyron Wilson

Mark Davis v Dominic Dale

Ding Jun-Wei v Michael Wasley

Judd Trump v Tom Ford

Shit sport

One of my favorite sporting events of the year, last two years i have getting 7/1 for Ronnie. I will have to look at someone for a bit of value.

Love snooker, me. Think Ronnie will win it, but Mark Selby's probably worth a cheeky bet as he usually does well at the Crucible.

Going down Saturday and Sunday. Over the moon I have tickets for the O'sullivan match on Saturday then I have tickets for the Sunday morning and evening sessions. Really looking forward to the whole weekend. Train down and back and couple of nights in a travelodge:p

Good stuff mate. How much were your tickets if you do mind me asking mate

Good stuff mate. How much were your tickets if you do mind me asking mate

Made a huge fuck up believe or not. Was only planning on going down for the Saturday and booked train and hotel accordingly. For some reason had it in my head tickets would not be a problem with it being first round and most games are pretty uninteresting. Went to book tickets to find Saturday was sold out:oops:. Panic insured so refund my train ticket for Sunday and re-booked for the Monday. Then booked extra night in hotel and got myself tickets for Sunday morning and evening at £22 a session. Ended up getting the Saturday morning ticket off Stubhub at a later date for I think it was £35 so £13 over face value. Only going down by myself but plenty of footy on the box to keep me occupied with a pint or two for when I dont have tickets for the sessions

Hope he storms offs again :p

If it was on BT sport you wouldnt;)

Any of you lot post on any snooker forums? Was just wondering which was the busiest

Last edited:
Made a huge fuck up believe or not. Was only planning on going down for the Saturday and booked train and hotel accordingly. For some reason had it in my head tickets would not be a problem with it being first round and most games are pretty uninteresting. Went to book tickets to find Saturday was sold out:oops:. Panic insured so refund my train ticket for Sunday and re-booked for the Monday. Then booked extra night in hotel and got myself tickets for Sunday morning and evening at £22 a session. Ended up getting the Saturday morning ticket off Stubhub at a later date for I think it was £35 so £13 over face value. Only going down by myself but plenty of footy on the box to keep me occupied with a pint or two for when I dont have tickets for the sessions

If it was on BT sport you wouldnt;)

Any of you lot post on any snooker forums? Was just wondering which was the busiest

£22 is good value mate.

Having a look at the betting it's not worth backing Ronnie unless it's a big bet. So I think I will back Judd Trump each way @ 12/1 and Ali Carter each way @ 50/1 who normally has a decent tournament. Haven't checked the draw so not sure which route they willl take.

Last edited:
A bit random, but all the snooker craic got me thinking... why did Stephen Hendry become mediocre before his time? I mean in he just stopped winning out of the blue when he should have been in his prime. Personal issues, benefactor of a weak snooker era or just 'one of those things'?

A bit random, but all the snooker craic got me thinking... why did Stephen Hendry become mediocre before his time? I mean in he just stopped winning out of the blue when he should have been in his prime. Personal issues, benefactor of a weak snooker era or just 'one of those things'?

Staggering he never won one after he turned 30 when you consider Ronnie has one 3 I think since he was 30

Going down Saturday and Sunday. Over the moon I have tickets for the O'sullivan match on Saturday then I have tickets for the Sunday morning and evening sessions. Really looking forward to the whole weekend. Train down and back and couple of nights in a travelodge:p

You won't regret it. A brilliant venue and always have a great time when I've been. Normally head down on the train for the second Saturday for a couple of sessions. First year in a while I won't have been.

Incidentally, this is a mate of mines strange but good value tips for the tournament.

http://www.snookerbacker.com/2014/04/17/guest-blog-decos-novelty-world-championship-bets/

Can you have a pint whilst you watch the snooker marra??
Not in your seat no. However, you can nip out to the bar at the end of frame if you want and watch a frame on the big screen before heading back in. Sometimes a bit risky as some frames can go on a bit and you have to wait outside until it's finished. Keep your eyes peeled in the bar and betting shop area as there's always players and celebrities mingling with the crowd who are happy to sit and have a bit craic. It's a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back