Smoking should be banned in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent_Mackem said:
If only they knew that so many blokes would turn away and look elsewhere the minute they found out the lass smoked. Improves your odds of pulling though, so that could be a point (e).

:lol: I'm not sure that will bother fit lasses much. There are probably plenty of lads who take up smoking to try and appeal to these lasses.

Kent_Mackem said:
Genuinely surprised to find out you smoke. You seem like a bright lad.

Kent Mackem in patronisation shocker!

No. I know folk who are as thick as posts who don't smoke and folk who hold directorial positions who do.

No, I think you misunderstood what I meant. I meant aren't 'intelligent' and 'stupid' opposites?

Kent Mackem in patronisation shocker!

How is that patronising like? I was complimenting the lad but expressing surprise that he is killing himself voluntarily. His posts appear to show that he values life yet he's puffing it away with each breath.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GSV9MhHUYeM

This sums it up perfectly :lol:

Probably take up smack or Coke which is also banned.Lost the war on drugs ,so lets look like we are doing something to the tab smokers

It's not a case of 'winning a war' as you love to put it ........ do you think drug users are going to come out of their bunkers waving white surrender flags and lay down their bongs :lol:

It's simply a case of retricting things that cause misery and cost the nation a fortune.

No, I think you misunderstood what I meant. I meant aren't 'intelligent' and 'stupid' opposites?

No. I understood. Let me rephrase. If someone who smokes isn't bright then what are they? Do we not take the rest of their actions and deeds into consideration when assessing their brightness? Compare and contrast with the thick as a post pub twat who is a non somker.

Last edited:
I'd actually quite happily go along with any ban tbh. But only if the government made up for lost tax by increasing the price of petrol/diesel. This may encourage selfish bastards from making unnecessary journeys and make them think about using public transport rather than killing the earth.C'mon!

I'd actually quite happily go along with any ban tbh. But only if the government made up for lost tax by increasing the price of petrol/diesel. This may encourage selfish bastards from making unnecessary journeys and make them think about using public transport rather than killing the earth.C'mon!

Is the cat ok Wilfy?

Kent_Mackem said:
How is that patronising like? I was complimenting the lad but expressing surprise that he is killing himself voluntarily. His posts appear to show that he values life yet he's puffing it away with each breath.

The insinuation was that an intelligent person wouldn't choose to smoke. That is, of course, nonsense.

He's not 'killing himself' voluntarily but carrying out actions that increase the risks of him getting smoking related illnesses which may or may not be terminal.

We all carry out actions that increase the risks of us encountering illness or injury that may or may not be terminal.

Intelligence (which is actually a very broad and very subjective quality) does not necessarily hold sway over if, when and why we carry out these actions.

The insinuation was that an intelligent person wouldn't choose to smoke. That is, of course, nonsense.

He's not 'killing himself' voluntarily but carrying out actions that increase the risks of him getting smoking related illnesses which may or may not be terminal.

We all carry out actions that increase the risks of us encountering illness or injury that may or may not be terminal.

Intelligence (which is actually a very broad and very subjective quality) does not necessarily hold sway over if, when and why we carry out these actions.

That all may be true. It doesn't distract fro my main point, which is you would have to be pretty fecking stupid to either start (especially stupid) or continue smoking.

drinkers would be attacked more than motorists.

Its unhealthy, its a waste of money, its unsociable, its not fashionable and servers no real purpose regardless of what smokers say about I need one cause Im stressed out.

Ban it now anywhere in the UK and save millions of lives and use the money saved to help the older folks who we should be looking after

Why don't we ban alcohol, sugar, salt, fat and millions of other things that aren't good for you aswell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back