Sky reporting an own goal by de gea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Went in off/under the keeper from what I saw. I couldn't see any defender kick it off him in the replays.

What a load of Opta inspired, Premiership data driven drivel. Kone thumps the ball at goal. De Gea and his marra make a pig's ear of it and it ends up in the net. We used to call it a goal, in the olden days. If Kone hadn't thumped it with his heed, perhaps De Gea would have kicked it into his own net anyway? In order to claim an assist? Beggars belief. :)

The accepted convention is that if the shot was on target before the deflection takes the ball in, then the striker is acknowledged as thee scorer. Hergo Kone should be credited with the goal.

The accepted convention is that if the shot was on target before the deflection takes the ball in, then the striker is acknowledged as thee scorer. HERGO Kone should be credited with the goal.

Ergo, obviously!! :oops:

OG my arse!!. Perfect header they simply couldn't keep it out. On their reckoning any ball that touches anyone or the keeper on the way in is an OG. Stupid!!
Well, no. Its not stupid, its an OG. They did keep the header out - the direction of the ball was moving *away* from the goal thanks to Martial - only then does the keeper fall back onto it and push it back into the goal. Own Goal.

The accepted convention is that if the shot was on target before the deflection takes the ball in, then the striker is acknowledged as thee scorer. Hergo Kone should be credited with the goal.
Not if the deflection takes it away from goal then someone else hits it in, it's a clear own goal to be fair

It wouldn't have gone in had it not hit De Gea.

Before hitting De Gea it was heading away from goal, because that's the direction Martial hit it in.

It doesn't matter one jot, but it's a clear own goal.

Well, no. Its not stupid, its an OG. They did keep the header out - the direction of the ball was moving *away* from the goal thanks to Martial - only then does the keeper fall back onto it and push it back into the goal. Own Goal.

I've seen it three or four times and I still haven't seen Martial get a touch.

I've seen someone say that the energy from the header had been 'killed' before De Gea then knocked it in with his elbow. That's not true - it was on target and the momentum of the header was primarily responsible for it ending up in the net

I remain firmly in the belief that it's Kones goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back