Skinny v Fat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was very skinny in my teens..ate well, kept reasonably fit, didnt drink or smoke.....it was just how i was i guess. I got a few comments about it, but just ignored it. Over the years though ive put weight on, im now 14 stone, which is ok, (im 6 ft tall).
I was at the docs last week and he reckoned i should lose weight!

Back in the day most people were.

Slim.

Skinny is honestly horrible, makes you sound like skin and bones.

Think I've told this story before but I lost 4 stone and a lass at work (who was obese no two ways about it, used to struggle walking up stairs and was a size 22) used to absolutely slate me saying I was "skinny" and men didn't like bones and stuff, was horrible

Believe you me that fat lass was desperate to be skinny and have bones and stuff.

Loads of blokes like skinny lasses.

I used to get loads of shit for being skinny when I was a young'un, every day at school and was probably the main reason I was excluded so much. Very few seen it as a problem, well, not as much of a problem as a fat kid getting stick..

It used to bother me when I was younger but it's np these days, quite a few that used to take the piss now have massive tits/bellys and keep their tops on when on holiday ;)

Can I just say, she is overweight. Therefor, technically she is fat, no?

'Plus sized' actually means fat. So I don't know what she's complaining about.

She is a massive wad though
She's not fat judging from that video, she's just a bit curvy. She's got a waist for a start. Fat starts when your belly hangs over your pants.

She's not fat judging from that video, she's just a bit curvy. She's got a waist for a start. Fat starts when your belly hangs over your pants.
She will be overweight according to the BMI chart I would guess. I checked myself on it yesterday and it said I needed to lose between 10 and 48lbs to be a healthy weight. Fat knacker that I am.

She will be overweight according to the BMI chart I would guess. I checked myself on it yesterday and it said I needed to lose between 10 and 48lbs to be a healthy weight. Fat knacker that I am.
Not the BMI shite again. Haven't we established by now this only applies to the average body type and not to elves or clydesdales?

There are probably more health risks associated with being fat than being "skinny", although there are extremities of being skinny where it brings a lot of health risks.

With little knowledge on this however, being overweight has more health risks than being skinny...

So long as people are happy and they're not affecting anyone else, I couldn't care if they're fat, skinny or a healthy weight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back