Skinny v Fat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just common decency really, not many people would really take offence to being called skinny.

One of my sons is 17 and looks anorexic. His ribs, spine and hip bones are visible. He eats plenty of food, is rarely ill and generally healthy. He gets picked on about his weight but he just can't put any weight on.

One of my sons is 17 and looks anorexic. His ribs, spine and hip bones are visible. He eats plenty of food, is rarely ill and generally healthy. He gets picked on about his weight but he just can't put any weight on.
He needs to get on the ale. Worked for me. A little bit too well.

Why is it socially acceptable to shame people for being skinny but not fat?

Get some meat on your bones, need to build some muscle, eat more etc is seen as acceptable.
Yet tell a fatty to eat less or hit the gym isn't.

:confused:

Because most people would be happy to be skinny. No one wants to be fat.

This assertion is wrong to begin with.

In general people who are severely underweight are well understood to be that way through severe mental health issues and aren't usually fair game for piss-taking. Society thinks of fat people as lazy messes, even if they are that way through severe mental health issues as well.

Massive difference between skinny and anorexic.

Everyone seems fair game for something at school though, fat or skinny.

I wouldn't say it was more "socially acceptable" like the OP suggested.

Nothing wrong with being fat.

Being fat, and constantly moaning about being fat, whilst shovelling crisps in your face is annoying.

Ah, so we're talking about people who are still within 1-2 standard deviations of the mean?

My position, then, is so fuck?

We are talking skinny lasses who aren't mentally ill. Just normal skinny lasses.

Nothing wrong with being fat.

Being fat, and constantly moaning about being fat, whilst shovelling crisps in your face is annoying.

I think there is quite a lot wrong with being fat. It's such a waste IMHO.

Depends on the context of the debate really. Are we talking health or aesthetics?
Skinny women look awful, and many are like that due to health issues.
I'm sure gym body women are a doctor's dream, but aesthetically I find it a complete turn off.
Curvy women look great, but they are always in danger of wobbling into the obese camp.

Dunno about blokes. I thought women liked ripped men, but a lot that I know of find that a turn off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back