Skinny v Fat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinny people are skinny through choice.
Fat people cant help being fat.

or so you would think anyway.

There's a difference between, looking good, being of a healthy weight, carrying a bit of extra timber and being obese and above.

Being overly skinny isn't nececesarily healthy

It's due to your perseption of what is acceptable as the 'norm' - I look at women who are so skinny their ankle is the same circumference as the top of their legs and think 'anorexic' just as I look at a pie eater and think 'big boned'. It's how society looks on these individuals, which frames your perseption and hence thoughts.

Not sure how you reach that conclusion, fat people seem more than fair game for abuse.

Just have a look at some of the comments that'll inevitably get posted here.

This for me. I reckon lots of obese people are being taken piss out of maybe not so verbally face to face but definitely talked about nonetheless

Why is it socially acceptable to shame people for being skinny but not fat?

Get some meat on your bones, need to build some muscle, eat more etc is seen as acceptable.
Yet tell a fatty to eat less or hit the gym isn't.

:confused:

Fat sweaty fuckers get loads of grief man

Get some meat on your bones, need to build some muscle, eat more etc is seen as acceptable.

Haway, mate - that's totally socially unacceptable. Watch what you're saying, eh?

Not sure how you reach that conclusion, fat people seem more than fair game for abuse.

Just have a look at some of the comments that'll inevitably get posted here.
Aye maybe but the anonymity of the internet let's people say things more freely. Most people wouldn't call a fatty fat to their face yet wouldn't think twice about saying something to a skinny person.

Aye maybe but the anonymity of the internet let's people say things more freely. Most people wouldn't call a fatty fat to their face yet wouldn't think twice about saying something to a skinny person.
In real life I see more people getting grief for being overweight especially at work.

Just common decency really, not many people would really take offence to being called skinny.

I know a lass who is cery thin and no matter what she tries she can't put weight on. She is in her mid twenties and under 7 stone and she hates being so thin.
Just common decency really, not many people would really take offence to being called skinny.

This assertion is wrong to begin with.

In general people who are severely underweight are well understood to be that way through severe mental health issues and aren't usually fair game for piss-taking. Society thinks of fat people as lazy messes, even if they are that way through severe mental health issues as well.

Skinny people have reached the Media led preferred body shape and therefore abusing them is akin to a backhanded compliment. Picking on a bloater is bullying as it is genetic, apparently.

I blame the media all these geet fat models that people to aspire to be like. Airbrushed to fuck, and totally unrealistic. As a result kids are stuffing their faces at McDonalds and KFC trying to pile on the beef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back