Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's what I'm hoping we probably could easily have signed a Billy Jones or a Liam Bridcutt or an Adam Matthews. I'd guess the better deals take longer, so I'm clutching the same straws
You're in good company :lol:

Remember that quality players have options.

Just hope moyes is a big draw for players to come here.

In reality doesn't playing Citeh 1st give DM an extra week?

We don't really expect owt from Maine Road do we?

We'll prob play 5 defenders, 4 midfielders & 2 goalies anyway won't we? ;)
Getting thumped off city will be demoralising.

The boro game won't be easy either so we need to hit the ground running.

I think so. He's just played 4 games in 12 days for Ecuador and played 28 games for Man U (16 starts) with 5 assists last season. I watched him a few times and he looked very good in that attacking RB role.
I'm not particularly convinced by Valencia as a rb - particularly in a team where his defending would be tested more often. I would like him as a right winger though if we could shift one on. In a more 'agricultural' attacking team he was outstanding in that type of role.

Kaboul, Watmore, Pickford

I seem to recall comments during last season along the lines Duncan Watmore isn't as good as he was at the beginning or something like that.

You arrogantly and smugly throw names at me but forget we are the team that finished 17th having won only 9 games all season. Get out of that one Houdini.

Based on the lack of activity so far, I'll be surprised if we have more than one signing in before the season starts meaning that we will be starting the season weaker than when we finished the previous season. Again. Yet again.
Surely that depends on the ablility of the one player that signs though, misery guts?

In reality doesn't playing Citeh 1st give DM an extra week?

We don't really expect owt from Maine Road do we?

We'll prob play 5 defenders, 4 midfielders & 2 goalies anyway won't we? ;)
First game of the season is effectively a free hit. All we really need to do is avoid a hammering.

Last edited:
I seem to recall comments during last season along the lines Duncan Watmore isn't as good as he was at the beginning or something like that.

You arrogantly and smugly throw names at me but forget we are the team that finished 17th having won only 9 games all season. Get out of that one Houdini.
Right. Firstly I am neither smug nor arrogant and judging by your aggression the suggestion is somewhat ironic. The team from January was a totally different set up so the results from then show a more balanced view of our team. If you watched them last season you will have seen that the team at the end bore no resemblance to the one at the start and results supported that

As long as we have new players in for Boro at home a week later that will do me. We'll be battling for a draw at City, we already have the players to try to do that.

Long term we need a right back, center midfield and quality back up for Defoe at the very least.
One lad I know says don't need a striker play 451 it's effective just bang the ball for Defoe. Ffs Fifa has a lot to answer for

Surely that depends on the ablility of the one player that signs though, misery guts?

First game of the season is effectively a free hit. All we really need to do is avoid a hammering.

Accept my opinion is different to yours, there is no need to be unpleasant.

The first game is a free hit? I disagree, it's an opportunity for 3 points. Man City were more than beatable last season, Guardiola has only been there five minutes. It's the perfect time to play them.

Accept my opinion is different to yours, there is no need to be unpleasant.

The first game is a free hit? I disagree, it's an opportunity for 3 points. Man City were more than beatable last season, Guardiola has only been there five minutes. It's the perfect time to play them.
Dont be such a big girls blouse gips. It was said in jest.

And as for a free hit. Of course it is. The point is that while it's clearly an opportunity for 3 points, significant damage will not be done to morale with a defeat - so long as it isnt a hammering. The signing of one, two or even ten players won't make a significant difference to our game plan. If we want to win we'll have to work hard, defend brilliantly, be clinical and get some luck. We've got enough at the club to go with that game plan as it stands. The likelihood that it's all academic (as we'll sign at least two prior to City) won't change the way we approach that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back