Short in January

Status
Not open for further replies.
No but top class English goalkeepers are, especially those who are being watched week in week out and have the potential to go right to the very top

Joe Hart England's number 1 was bombed out of City, Tom Heaton plays with Burnley, Forster plays with Southampton etc.

All far more experienced than Pickford, I really can't see how people believe Pickford would command a £30 million fee.

On the other hand English players seem to go for a premium .......................e.g. City paying 47.5m for Stones

There is a serious lack of quality centre halves in world football at the moment, if you want one who can operate at the higher reaches of the CL you will have to pay way over the odds, see John Stones.

With all due respect, there are plenty of good goalkeepers floating about, Barca got Holland's Jasper Cillessen for €13 million in the summer just gone.

Pickford would probably command tops £15 million in todays market and we would sell at that price imo.

Last edited:

Joe Hart England's number 1 was bombed out of City, Tom Heaton plays with Burnley, Forster plays with Southampton etc.

All far more experienced than Pickford, I really can't see how people believe Pickford would command a £30 million fee.
Henderson went for how much? And he was by no means the finished article, still isn't but English players for some reason seem to go for astronomical amounts,
Every pundit raves about Pickford and say he will be the future england number 1, so on those 2 counts alone we have to hold out for massive money, 30 mil is too much I agree but not far off that, plus if we stay up there's no need to sell

Henderson went for how much? And he was by no means the finished article, still isn't but English players for some reason seem to go for astronomical amounts,
Every pundit raves about Pickford and say he will be the future england number 1, so on those 2 counts alone we have to hold out for massive money, 30 mil is too much I agree but not far off that, plus if we stay up there's no need to sell

Henderson had over 70 appearances and an England cap before Liverpool came calling with all due respect.

The same way Jack Butland, Chris Kirkland etc were?

I just think people are getting ahead of themselves big time about Pickford's market value.

Goalkeepers simply do not command the same prices as midfielders and strikers. Personally I don't think we'll sell him any time soon either, especially if we stay up but if a club bids £15 million with add on's for England caps etc I reckon we'd sell.

There is a serious lack of quality centre halves in world football at the moment, if you want one who can operate at the higher reaches of the CL you will have to pay way over the odds, see John Stones.

With all due respect, there are plenty of good goalkeepers floating about, Barca got Holland's Jasper Cillessen for €13 million in the summer just gone.

Pickford would probably command tops £15 million in todays market and we would sell at that price imo.
If Pickford is the one they want then they rate him more than Heaton or Foster.

If that happened it would be a disgrace! No chance.

If Pickford is the one they want then they rate him more than Heaton or Foster.

Oh for sure, but in today's market Forster will no doubt be worth far more than Pickford because he's proved it week in week out at this level, also has England caps and done really well for Celtic in the CL.

Fletcher - lost 12 mil
Johnson - lost 11 mil
Gyan - lost 7 mil
Rodwell - lost 10 mil
Gordon - lost 11 mil
Ferdinand - lost 7 mil

These lads alone have cost us 58 million in lost revenue for the club which tightens all budgets

I agree with some of it, and it is a massive issue for us

But you can't say we "lost" 10 million on Johnson, massive reason we stayed in the league so long and got the extra tv money etc, he was a signing that worked out well.....till the end

But if Mr Short is selling the club he will sell his assets to make more money not a good place for Sunderland to be in....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back