Short in January

Status
Not open for further replies.

He has backed the club for as long as he's been here, hence the 140m debt. Consistently backed managers and no or very little return on it. That can't carry on every year. I hope we keep Pickford till the summer, but if 30m bids start coming in, then money needs generating from somewhere and I could reluctantly understand why we would need to sell. Thing is on here, many think we should be just spending 30-40m every season, even though we get very little return on players. That is why we're in debt.

He has backed the club for as long as he's been here, hence the 140m debt. Consistently backed managers and no or very little return on it. That can't carry on every year. I hope we keep Pickford till the summer, but if 30m bids start coming in, then money needs generating from somewhere and I could reluctantly understand why we would need to sell. Thing is on here, many think we should be just spending 30-40m every season, even though we get very little return on players. That is why we're in debt.

Hes borrowed coin to do it of late. Not that I'm particularly criticising him mind.

He simply has to provide some funds to be able to get the telly money again as our rivals will be.
Another season of survival could go a long way to rendering us more self sufficient.

Last edited:

We are in debt because we don't know how to sell players. No way do we let Pickers go, slap a 40 million price tag on his head and see if the Spuds or Mancs want a bit of that action. Do we need to spend massive amounts of coin on players? I don't think so. We are in debt because we spend 10, 11 and 12 million on lads only to get back 1 or 2 if any! do that 10 to 15 times and you will see where the debt has come from.

Perhaps instead of splashing the coin on overpriced over hyped shite we need to work with what we have and look at getting some young quality and developing it.

We are in debt because we don't know how to sell players. No way do we let Pickers go, slap a 40 million price tag on his head and see if the Spuds or Mancs want a bit of that action. Do we need to spend massive amounts of coin on players? I don't think so. We are in debt because we spend 10, 11 and 12 million on lads only to get back 1 or 2 if any! do that 10 to 15 times and you will see where the debt has come from.

Perhaps instead of splashing the coin on overpriced over hyped shite we need to work with what we have and look at getting some young quality and developing it.
How many have we spent over 10 mill for and got little back

Doesn't need to. Knows he can bring in world beater frees like Vic

We dont know how to sell players????
Heard it all now

Moyes :cool:

Frugal f***ing Prick

If we spend a few quid and get to be safe, even mid table at the end of the season, the value of our assets increased markedly. I mean, give vic a three year contract and there's 20 mill worth of centre forward right there! 20 mill Kone, 30 for Pickford, Kirchoff be worth a few bob, Watmore potentially too. Sell them all and buy 37 shit players to replace them over 5 seasons is the way we do things isn't it?

Noway in hell are we getting anywhere near that for him ffs.

Do you honestly think we would get anywhere near what we got for Henderson for Pickford.

We get very little return on these players because our recruitment policy lacks any decent structure and basically stinks.

We sign square pegs for round holes all the time, our logic is sell one of our better players and buy two or three mediocre players instead of replacing said player with similar ability.

Personally I don't want him to do anything. His judgment is so f***ing shite, that practically every decision he has made has contributed to us having one of the largest debts in the country, one of the largest losses in the country, and a squad that aims for fourth bottom every year.

Pretty much every time he intervenes makes the situation worse - whether that be bringing in Byrne as CEO, bringing in Di Canio as manager, bringing in De Fanti and then Congerton as DoF, appointing an NBA researcher as head of scouting, etc, etc, etc.

He's got lucky with Moyes as manager, as a manager who has a track record for decades of getting a silk purse out of a sow's ear, and as far as I can see, Bain seems to be on the right track.

The sooner we are rid of Short the better, so that someone else can retrieve the financial disaster he has created - in the meantime, hopefully he loses interest so that he won't try and intervene in the direction of a business he plainly knows nothing about.

Noway in hell are we getting anywhere near that for him ffs.

Do you honestly think we would get anywhere near what we got for Henderson for Pickford.

We get very little return on these players because our recruitment policy lacks any decent structure and basically stinks.

We sign square pegs for round holes all the time, our logic is sell one of our better players and buy two or three mediocre players instead of replacing said player with similar ability.
Spurs paid 30 for Sissoko.

buy high and sell low has been standard policy for a long time now, with the odd exception.

our transfers have been a shambles in both directions.

Sadly the Mags are much better at getting good coin for average shite than we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back