Shearer on about the Mags

Status
Not open for further replies.

She-Ra advertising free tickets for kids ?

They will be self combusting all over nukearshole.

"We went out the cup competitions early and we're in midtable.Thats unfortunately what Newcastle are these days"

The Geordie Nation won't be happy with that as they expect Champions League every year

:lol::lol::lol:

"We went out the cup competitions early and we're in midtable.Thats unfortunately what Newcastle are these days"

The Geordie Nation won't be happy with that as they expect Champions League every year

http://m.skysports.com/article/football//9732627

I don't think they do though, you get the odd Nutter who comes out with that shit but every club has fans like that. Every mag I know accepts that they are a top ten team at best. When you look at Chelsea, Man City, Spurs, arsenal, Liverpool they always dominate the top 4. No chance of the mags breaking into that. Then you have teams like Everton who have done well over the past 5 years or longer. Southampton have an excellent young team too. All of these teams have better squads than Newcastle. The best Newcastle should be aiming for is 8th and even then you have teams like Swansea who play good football competing for that spot. Any mag who says top 4 is deluded, I think we over exaggerate this greatly on this board

I don't think they do though, you get the odd Nutter who comes out with that shit but every club has fans like that. Every mag I know accepts that they are a top ten team at best. When you look at Chelsea, Man City, Spurs, arsenal, Liverpool they always dominate the top 4. No chance of the mags breaking into that. Then you have teams like Everton who have done well over the past 5 years or longer. Southampton have an excellent young team too. All of these teams have better squads than Newcastle. The best Newcastle should be aiming for is 8th and even then you have teams like Swansea who play good football competing for that spot. Any mag who says top 4 is deluded, I think we over exaggerate this greatly on this board

They do think their club should be top 4 though. Maybe not the current squad, but in their eyes that is where the Mags should be. That is why they whinge and protest every single season except for the two where they were top 4. They have been like this for 20+ years now.

2001 when Robson wasn't in the top 4:

"I think I've worked a miracle at this club, When I came here Newcastle United was sinking. This club was heading for the First Division - make no mistake about it. I did a great job here last season because I am experienced, tough and I can solve problems.

"I accept we wanted to do better this season but what we want now is for our public to be with us.

"We don't want knives in our backs and arrows flying around our heads - what good does that do to a football club."

"It would appear that loyalty means nothing.

"I've got jerks telling me to get rid of Alan Shearer, Warren Barton, Rob Lee and Gary Speed. Jerks who don't know what they are talking about.
"Without those players last season we would have been relegated. What
loyalty is that? They have saved this club."

"I hope most fans are backing me because if not, what would be the point of sticking around?
"People say 'Get rid of me'. But I took over a sinking ship. It was going
straight down to the First Division. Can people not see that we are turning it around, cleaning it up. We need time and honesty and loyalty."

"Yes, we haven't done as well as I'd hoped this season.

"No-one feels it more than I do. This is my area and my people and I'm
trying to represent them on the football field.

"Let me tell you about Mick Wadsworth, he's been in football for a long time and he's had to come in every morning, pull on his training kit and actually work with players on the pitch.

"He's no fly-by-night former big-name player who's come in and said 'I've had a great career so I'm going to be a great coach.

"He doesn't just stand there and put the cones out. He's actually worked his way up from where it matters and I know what he's done.

"Do Newcastle fans honestly think that I would employ a coach who wasn't good enough - a coach who was sub-standard for my club?

"If that was the case he'd be out. As it is my coaching staff is equal to any in the country and I will continue to stand up for them."

"I'll have more to say by the end of the week."

2005 when he only came 5th:

Listen to those bastards. Not like the f***ing Leeds fans last week. They support their f***ing club. Ungrateful bastards.

Their 'unearthed foreign gems' seem to bleat on about it when they make their 'Why I joined' spiels too.

They do think their club should be top 4 though. Maybe not the current squad, but in their eyes that is where the Mags should be. That is why they whinge and protest every single season except for the two where they were top 4. They have been like this for 20+ years now.

2001 when Robson wasn't in the top 4:

"I think I've worked a miracle at this club, When I came here Newcastle United was sinking. This club was heading for the First Division - make no mistake about it. I did a great job here last season because I am experienced, tough and I can solve problems.

"I accept we wanted to do better this season but what we want now is for our public to be with us.

"We don't want knives in our backs and arrows flying around our heads - what good does that do to a football club."

"It would appear that loyalty means nothing.

"I've got jerks telling me to get rid of Alan Shearer, Warren Barton, Rob Lee and Gary Speed. Jerks who don't know what they are talking about.
"Without those players last season we would have been relegated. What
loyalty is that? They have saved this club."

"I hope most fans are backing me because if not, what would be the point of sticking around?
"People say 'Get rid of me'. But I took over a sinking ship. It was going
straight down to the First Division. Can people not see that we are turning it around, cleaning it up. We need time and honesty and loyalty."

"Yes, we haven't done as well as I'd hoped this season.

"No-one feels it more than I do. This is my area and my people and I'm
trying to represent them on the football field.

"Let me tell you about Mick Wadsworth, he's been in football for a long time and he's had to come in every morning, pull on his training kit and actually work with players on the pitch.

"He's no fly-by-night former big-name player who's come in and said 'I've had a great career so I'm going to be a great coach.

"He doesn't just stand there and put the cones out. He's actually worked his way up from where it matters and I know what he's done.

"Do Newcastle fans honestly think that I would employ a coach who wasn't good enough - a coach who was sub-standard for my club?

"If that was the case he'd be out. As it is my coaching staff is equal to any in the country and I will continue to stand up for them."

"I'll have more to say by the end of the week."

2005 when he only came 5th:

Listen to those bastards. Not like the f***ing Leeds fans last week. They support their f***ing club. Ungrateful bastards.

I have a sneaky feeling you've made that second quote up. Doesn't sound like a sir Bobby robson kind of thing to say. Everyone knows he was gentleman, I agree the fans used to think that way. Since Ashley has too over things have changed. None of the mags I know think like that

I can honestly say I've met a handful of Mags who have the expectations of Champions League. But don't let the truth get in front of a good yarn, it's healthy to keep winding the tits up.

For what its worth.....

My target is to get 40 points every season and anything above that is a bonus, some years you get a bit of luck with signings and results and you end up just 5th.

Gone are the days of competing for the top 4 never mind winning it, the few years we had after we came up under Keegan then under Robson, expecting to win games, playing in the champions league were brilliant, and i loved them, and i will always hope that we see football like that again, but apart from the odd lucky season where we might do well.

Nee cups like.....:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back