1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seaham Hall

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Nuggsy, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuggsy

Nuggsy I am not a Mag

I didn't nar it used to be a hospital for cases of TB. :eek:
  2. Charmless Man

Charmless Man Striker

Symptoms: Long dry spells and premature ejaculation ;)
  3. Nuggsy

Nuggsy I am not a Mag

:lol: canny one
  4. muggboots

muggboots Striker

:lol::lol:
  5. JonMc

JonMc Striker

Me sister had her heart operation there when she was a bairn.

And an arl ower the keyboard moment toboot. :lol:
  6. Harrys Again

Harrys Again New Member

Aye back in the 50's but do not know when it closed down. Was derelict for years and we used to go exploring in their as kids.

Then it opened as a hotel and pub sometime early 80's I think. Then a nursing home and private flats before what it is today.

This is from memory - been away from Seaham since 85
  7. spitfire

spitfire Striker

Me dad was in there in the 70's with a lung problem. I also had a cousin die in there in the late 60's/early 70's through cancer, so it was certainly used as a hospital until the mid 70's at least.
  8. Harrys Again

Harrys Again New Member

I wonder when it closed then.

I can remember going expoloring in there and shooting with air rifles in the grounds in the 70's.

Maybe that was just in the disused part of the grounds?

It was early 80's when one of the Willis' killed himself in the disused Gatehouse after murdering his next door neighbour in the dene.

Just did a bit of googling - it closed in 1979.

I would never have guessed that late.
  9. spitfire

spitfire Striker

I have vague memories of something like that. Time clouds the mind.
  10. Heeeed the Ball

Heeeed the Ball Striker

Dont know how it got a five star rating, ive been on a number of times and its not 5 star, probably 4 at very best

In fact it need s a good cleaning and a lick of paint to be honest, the staff need training as well
  11. Harrys Again

Harrys Again New Member

I remember it quite well - sure it made national papers as well.

I used to go the the matches with the Willis Twins back in the 70's - went to the infamous Milwall 74 start of the season game with them.

From what I remember he was shagging his next door neighbour. Her husband found out and they then alleged it was rape. Willis was charged with rape and buggery which he denied.

He got bail and he then took her into the dene down there, killed her in a small hut and then himself in the gatehouse.

Would have been 82-84 I reckon.
  12. Jasper

Jasper Striker

New owners, sound like there pushing the staff hard but i doubt itll be open much longer. Never been the same since Tom sold it.
  13. Pelanty

Pelanty Central Defender

The rooms are tremendous the one I stayed in last month was bigger than my house.
  14. TiredEyes

TiredEyes Winger

Just been in the outdoor hot tub with the missus and Frankie Sandford :eek:

[​IMG]

.................................. and Wayne Bridge :oops: and no, unfortunately I didn't manage a photo, although I can say she has bad acne, stretch marks on her arse and a back tattoo that says "Sunshine and Showers" whatever the fuck that means.
  15. hank williams

hank williams Striker

Has junior hoilett been spotted there yet or jermain defeo;)
  16. Banana Boy

Banana Boy Striker

:)
  17. pokerjace

pokerjace Winger

This.
    Overpriced and shabby last time I was there about 2 years ago.Gardens were nice like.
  18. Joe Fabulous

Joe Fabulous New Member

Parsnip this shite!
  19. Alpha P

Alpha P Full Back

I had an Uncle who sadly died from Lung Cancer spent a lot of time in Seaham Hall during the mid 70s, and he died in 1977.
  20. walter mitty

walter mitty New Member

or you could mention its where lord byron got married:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.