Say if Short thought balls to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

and wanted to be as good as Real Madrid. Timescale is 5-7 years. How much so you reckon it would cost him?

Must be looking at close to £750 million I would have thought and thats a pretty conservative estimate:eek:
needs deeper pockets than he has rob :confused:

Its not just about money, its about culture. Remember even the likes of ronaldo goes to Madrid and is in awe of their history and people like Puskas (RIP) etc.

In transfer fees alone around a billion. To emulate Real Madrid I suggest we'd need Ronaldo so there's about 100 mil. Wouldn't even want to think about wages and bonuses..
The whole of Spain is set up to make Real dominant. The place sould sink but Madrid would still be among the best clubs in the world.

Man City show that even having close to unlimited funds does not make it easy. They have still made no real impact on the Champions League after 6 years with Sheikh Mansour and they had a few years without FFP getting in the way! A lot of players will move for money of course but the very best players would choose a team with a good chance of winning the CL over Man City every time.

If the Arabs can turn a desert into a thriving oasis like Dubai then surely there is some rich Arab gent out there wanting the challenge we present here. After all we have the sand and the seaside. It's a start!

and wanted to be as good as Real Madrid. Timescale is 5-7 years. How much so you reckon it would cost him?

Must be looking at close to £750 million I would have thought and thats a pretty conservative estimate:eek:

How much have City spent and they are not at that level yet...

City's owners have spent about close to £1billion between buying the club and getting to where they are now. Given the way wages and transfer fees are now it'd be more than that now just on wages, bonuses and transfers

Even if we started playing in the Short Arena and a fair chunk of our support managed to get rid of their allergy to wearing replica kit, Short would still struggle to pump the cash in without FFP cutting his balls off.

Pretty sad state of affairs really. we all just accept the teams who spend the most win. That's not a competition.

46 clubs have played in the premier league only 5 different ones have ever won.

It bores me stupid.

Get some rules sorted out so that it's an even competition and the money ends up grass roots rather than funding a london spending spree for the wags.

Pretty sad state of affairs really. we all just accept the teams who spend the most win. That's not a competition.

46 clubs have played in the premier league only 5 different ones have ever won.

It bores me stupid.

Get some rules sorted out so that it's an even competition and the money ends up grass roots rather than funding a london spending spree for the wags.
I agree, but ever since Bosman it has been getting worse.

Sport in the USA is fairer - no transfer fees, the teams with the worst record gets first pick on the college graduates, so no club wins championships more than a couple of times in a row, teams at the bottom have a chance to improve and most teams have a good crack at winning titles over a sensible period of time.

When will people realise that no matter what players came here, they would turn shit. We'd make Ronaldo look like Jozy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back