SAFC - the 'caring' club

Status
Not open for further replies.

rentaghost

Striker
It hasn't been a particularly good year for SAFC. They hardly covered themselves in glory with the AJ business culminating in the resignation of the CEO. The Alvarez affair was messy and poorly handled and I don't think they have handled M'Vila situation very well. M'Vila is in an unusual situation where he is an outcast at his parent club and really did take SAFC to his heart - hes a fine player at a good age and when you see the club spending 20 million plus on McNair and N'Dong who play in a similar position they should have got this lad in. He has been treat really shabbily IMO and if he still has the same desire for SAFC after this hes a better man than me.

Excellent post.

People get very precious when players don't put playing for Sunderland above every other priority in life, yet forget that the club (and all clubs) are very capable of treading footballers like utter shit too.

Very true, yet somehow I don't think M'Vila will be overly concerned. He gets an extended paid holiday until he joins us, probably on a reduced wage with a massive sign on fee.

Very true, yet somehow I don't think M'Vila will be overly concerned. He gets an extended paid holiday until he joins us, probably on a reduced wage with a massive sign on fee.

And now won't be match fit. Playing catch up for the rest of the season, putting in sub-par performances and the fans will turn on him.

Hear, hear.

The club have a lot to answer for this window.

Bet they aren't so quick to make a statement this time though.

It hasn't been a particularly good year for SAFC. They hardly covered themselves in glory with the AJ business culminating in the resignation of the CEO. The Alvarez affair was messy and poorly handled and I don't think they have handled M'Vila situation very well. M'Vila is in an unusual situation where he is an outcast at his parent club and really did take SAFC to his heart - hes a fine player at a good age and when you see the club spending 20 million plus on McNair and N'Dong who play in a similar position they should have got this lad in. He has been treat really shabbily IMO and if he still has the same desire for SAFC after this hes a better man than me.

You spend 7 million on a player you are getting for free in 4 months

If he felt that strongly he should have bought his contract out

What this has to do with Adam Johnson I have no idea.

just for a giggle. Mvila played most of his games for safc in the bottom three last season. He scored once. He is a decent player but it's hardly the end of the world him not here.

I know they're for the future, but I just can't get my head around the signings of Love and McNair for 5.5m when M'villa may have been available for 2 or 3 million more or that's what we're being told anyway. I know his contract has little time on it, but it's one very good player against two who I doubt will ever get to his level.

So we should have signed M'Vila ahead of Moyes' preferred target N'Dong because he likes us and friended us on Facebook and shit?

It's just one, long, story of incompetence and the idiot at the top keeps doing the same thing over and over again. Love and McNair will end up being a drain on the club when we loan them out and can;t shift them........M'Vila is as close to a no risk singing as you can get. If we don't have him on a pre-contract then it's even more ridiculous.

Hope he's gone soon and we can move forward with someone who knows what they're doing.

Its another utterly depressing moment for the supporters under the Ellis Short reign. I'm not sure whats more baffling the M'Vila transfer or the fact we've had 6 months notice to find a striker and haven't even got an average one in. Its another sign of the clubs incompetence. Its going to be a long frustrating season of shite results. Same old same old.

You spend 7 million on a player you are getting for free in 4 months

If he felt that strongly he should have bought his contract out

What this has to do with Adam Johnson I have no idea.

Your a funny one in that you had loads of empathy towards Johnson and none towards M'Vila :lol: And how exactly do you buy your contract out? He might be a wealthy man but not to the extent that he or anyone realistically can find 7 mill of their own money. They may not have needed to find 7 mill in the end as M'Vila certainly expected the deal to be done and he could only have got that from SAFC. I'm not necessarily blaming SAFC for not getting the deal done but the communication between the club and M'Vila has clearly been poor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back