Running Thread 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did 5k on the treadmill yesterday and had to stop due to my calf injury, then went for a 30 minute swim, and a sauna afterwards, felt great, this mrning I'm aching a little, but determined to get myself back in shape. I was 88.8k on Monday, this morning 86.6k.

Did 5k on the treadmill yesterday and had to stop due to my calf injury, then went for a 30 minute swim, and a sauna afterwards, felt great, this mrning I'm aching a little, but determined to get myself back in shape. I was 88.8k on Monday, this morning 86.6k.

There will be nothing left of you in a month! :eek:

Did anyone see the story in the echo about the woman doing the marathon of the north? She hasnt ran a marathon before, has only done training runs of up to ten miles, she a big lass anyway and she expects to finish between 3 and 3 1/2 hours. Cant knock her for doing it but surely that sort of time is a bit overly enthusiastic?

Did anyone see the story in the echo about the woman doing the marathon of the north? She hasnt ran a marathon before, has only done training runs of up to ten miles, she a big lass anyway and she expects to finish between 3 and 3 1/2 hours. Cant knock her for doing it but surely that sort of time is a bit overly enthusiastic?

If by "expect to finish" she's referring to the life of her heart, then, no, not overly enthusiastic at all....pretty accurate probably.

slightly hilly circuit, 5.6 miles in 41 mins. seems to be my standard time now as i've matched that for the past few weeks fairly comfortably. think it's a case of bumping up the mileage now.

Didn't read the story (honest ;)), but wasn't there something about Jedward doing the New York Marathon having not trained at all. And I'm sure Katie 'Jordan' Price did the London marathon on no training.

Teejay said:
Didn't read the story (honest ;)), but wasn't there something about Jedward doing the New York Marathon having not trained at all. And I'm sure Katie 'Jordan' Price did the London marathon on no training.

Katie price did train but was let down by her knee. Jade goody didn't and didn't even know how long the race was. She got to 8 miles.

People can be a bit naive about it. The first 20 and last 6 take equal effort.

17 mile yesterday. Hill session and 5k at the weekend then a couple of steady pre-marathon jogs.

Eating like a horse with the training.

Doing that 10k tomorrow, ive never done a run befor but ive done 5 miles training so should be fine.
I do need some advice on what i should be eating today and tomorrow, (if anything) before the run, i usually have poached eggs but dont think eggs will be wise before i run.

As with above poster, any advice on what to have tomorrow morning. Was thinking a bowl of porridge, or a small'ish fruit salad? No idea if they're any good, just they seem like they'd be alright and the type of things I like when getting up so early.

And having a prawn salad today - shouldn't cause too many problems for me, should it? Ran 8k before without any considerations to food and such-like, so 10k with a bit of consideration should be alright?

i normally run on an evening before i have tea so this i suppose is different. Poached eggs ok or not?

Poached eggs would rift on me a bit but if that's what you want have them a good couple of hours before the start.
I'll be up at 6 and having cornflakes with a tablespoon of chia seeds, a banana and a cup of green tea. Hopefully I'll have a good clear out before I set off then have 500ml of beetroot juice. I will be starting the marathon with a hand bottle as I like to sip an isotonic drink over the first 4/5 mile. Then I'll just rely on the drink stations. I wont be taking any of the gels off the stations as they upset my stomach.
Really you should have had a practice at your race prep, especially if your doing a marathon.

Pasta party tonight was canny. Not that I ate the whole lot as I've been carb loading the past few days.

Good luck to everyone taking part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back