Rodwell or Gomez on Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either tbh, think both are decent enough players, Gomez shoots so I'll go him in a game that's there for the taking, he likes the odd simulation as well could be useful against poor tacklers in Tiote and Colback,

Neither, Alvarez in for me from the start. Get at them.

Poyet will be a little more negative than me though.

Rodwell for me.

Not sure we can afford to carry Gomez out of possession in what will be a high tempo game.

Bring him on later on against tiring legs to retain possession or pick at the holes.

Gomez.
Rodwell has shown very little so far.

Love it when people post in a thread with no interest in talking about the topic or to anybody in it.

Great point. Tiote and sissoko will be in the middle of the park. Plus colback and his tenacity.

Definitely Rodwell for me

Agreed. Catts and Rodwell will be a better match for Tiote and Sissoko physically and Seb will run his arse off. Need to stop them dominating the middle of the park.

Rodwell for me too. If Alnwick plays, another good header in the box and a few high balls could see a goal or two.

As daft as it might sound, I would wait to see what happens with their keeper situation. If Alnwick or the young'un is in goal for them, we should maybe play Gomez and give him free reign to shoot from anywhere inside 30 yards.

Neither have done much yet. Probably Rodwell for a more physical presence in midfield.

Rodwell to start - he looked good on the Chelsea match. But he rarely lasts the 90 so in all likelihood Gomez would get pitch time towards the end when the game could be more open.

Neither

Bridcutt
Larsson Cattermole
Might not be a bad shout with Catts and Larsson engaging them further up the pitch and not letting them settle on the ball. On the other hand, with their keeper going through a total butter fingers spell, Gomez's shooting ability may well come in handy. Who knows? We can but hope we get it right on the day.

I think Gomez is good coming off the bench. He is good at picking out a pass when he has a fraction more time. Rodwell to start for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back