RIP Leighton James

Remember once at an FA Cup match and in the replay back in the 70s, he ran us ragged. A fine footballer who I don't think really pushed his true potential.

Top Top player worth millions today .....RIP mate but what a life you had! Gave 100% always and worked as a lolly pop man ..respect for doing that and my wishes are with you family!

As mentioned earlier....the battle of Turf Moor 1978 (?). He got both Henderson and Bolton sent off trying to stop him. He was majestic on that left wing.
(but we still won)

Good player for us. Liked watching him.

RIP
Remember watching him play cricket for Whitburn ... great player , past his best when we had him but still very good..a proper sideline winger in the mould of John Robertson ( onefor the older brigade ) ..RIP Leighton James

My first ever trip to Roker, with my dad. Sitting in the Main Stand seats coz we were dead posh (or because dad got a freebie and was never going to stand for 90 minutes!). First half, Leighton James on the wing right in front of us. Immediately became my favourite player, largely because he was close enough to see who he was. Another bit of the past fades away. RIP.

Back