Rebuild Sunderland City and we rebuild our club

Status
Not open for further replies.

The City needs serious investment, the city centre is even more run down than in the 90s. If the city was up to scratch like (God forbid me) Newcastle was, it would help us enormously on the pitch. Be able to raise ticket prices and attract better players.

VI

The City needs serious investment, the city centre is even more run down than in the 90s. If the city was up to scratch like (God forbid me) Newcastle was, it would help us enormously on the pitch. Be able to raise ticket prices and attract better players.

You sir, are a buffoon

People are laughing at you marra, but I agree with you. Everything Sunderland related is just cheap, ill thought out and not fit for purpose. It's like a curse... :lol:

I think its fairly unanimous that Sunderland as a place is a shithole but this is blatantly a mag on a windup
I disagree and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. The city centre is poor in comparison to many but most of it is a nice place to live. Huge parts of Newcastle are slums in comparison as are many other areas along the Tyne.

You sir, are a buffoon
Why insult? Give an argument ffs.

While you're correct about the need for investment I don't think it would matter that much to success on the pitch. I reckon club mismanagement has been more of a problem.

Last edited:
Agree the City Centre still needs a lot of work, but it does appear to be getting there.

Quite what that's got to do with the performance of the football team is beyond me

I firmly agree, the bridges and surrounding areas are crippling the city and club. Embarrassing and full of poundlands and charity shops. Newcastle centre is thriving both business and retail wise, yet ours is infested with poor shops.

Hull, Boro, Stoke, Burnley, Liverpool, Leicester & Tottenham are all either bigger or on par shitholes (and that's about a third of the league), it's got absolutely nothing to do with the prosperity of the local area.

Everyone who ever travelled to Newcastle from Sunderland to buy clothes, shoes etc etc owt in fact is to blame.

Bath is arguably the nicest city in Britain. Where are their club plying their trade?
I think York is
Or Winchester.
Both fighting it out at the top of the premier iirc

Hull, Boro, Stoke, Burnley, Liverpool, Leicester & Tottenham are all either bigger or on par shitholes (and that's about a third of the league), it's got absolutely nothing to do with the prosperity of the local area.
Liverpool is a great city centre
But I love Sunderland too. Cracking night out, and for a medium size city centre it's got enough. Don't know why folk put it down.

Middlesbrough attracted some cracking players in the past.....Ravanelli, Juninho, Emmerson etc.....Now Im gonna chuck it out there that they were not attracted by the bright lights of the chemical plants....So what else could it be? Oooooooh yes £££££££££££££

Pay top wages and you can sign who you want, the growth of players heading to China and Gyan to the desert proves that...Its not like the players would be living or doing owt in Sunderland, most would be in Darrass Hall or Wynyard and probs jump on a day return to London/Paris/Rome/Milan to go shopping lol

I think York is
Or Winchester.
Both fighting it out at the top of the premier iirc

Liverpool is a great city centre
But I love Sunderland too. Cracking night out, and for a medium size city centre it's got enough. Don't know why folk put it down.

Really?:eek:

Middlesbrough attracted some cracking players in the past.....Ravanelli, Juninho, Emmerson etc.....Now Im gonna chuck it out there that they were not attracted by the bright lights of the chemical plants....So what else could it be? Oooooooh yes £££££££££££££

Pay top wages and you can sign who you want, the growth of players heading to China and Gyan to the desert proves that...Its not like the players would be living or doing owt in Sunderland, most would be in Darrass Hall or Wynyard and probs jump on a day return to London/Paris/Rome/Milan to go shopping lol

Really?:eek:
Errr, yeah.
If you can't enjoy yourself in Sunderland you're a f***ing bulb.
Loads of pubs, varying from real ale / craft lager (Isis / dun cow / fitzies) to revolution and the walk from there all the way to port of call - probably 20+ bars / clubs.
Also the lass loves gin and bear it.
I've been to loads of Similair size cities, - Portsmouth / Bournemouth/ Southampton / reading / Wolverhampton etc , and Sunderland shits all over them.
There are just numerous twats with some agenda on here who seem to like nothing more than to put the city down.

It definitely isn't.

Have you ever been? Bath is a beautiful city.

Leicester city centre isn't a shithole, I'm not saying it's Manhattan but it's far nicer than any of the above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back