Raleigh Burner - 30 years old but still boxed and unused from 1984!

• Thread starter Deleted member 6694
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Love owt like this :cool:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121349496014

Just makes you wonder what else is out there brand new and unused from years ago!

Logon or register to see this image

Apart from the Birdman of Tunstall's cock, probably not much.

When I got my first ever new bike, Christmas circa 1980, they let the fuckin tyres down so I couldn't go out on it.
Didn't get blown up till the new year. Any wonder I am a nutter.
:lol::lol:

When I got my first ever new bike, Christmas circa 1980, they let the fuckin tyres down so I couldn't go out on it.
Didn't get blown up till the new year. Any wonder I am a nutter.
:lol: :lol:

I can vaguely recall Christmas 82 or 83 when I got a BBC computer (all my mates had Spectrum's). Massive thing and this isn't me in the pick with my pig tails in (those were the 90's!), just to give those who don't know what it was an idea of the size of it!

On Christmas Eve I went downstairs and set it up before Christmas morning even though I'd been warned and I got caught. Got the cables taken off me until a later date! Was like a 2nd Christmas when I did get it! :lol:. A few months later, I ended up swapping it for a Spectrum with shit loads of games and a bit cash to the kid of the Ivy House landlord at the time! Me Mam wasn't too pleased when she found out as it cost £400 back then and was 3 times the price of a Speccy! :lol:

First game I bought was Killer Gorilla at £7.95

Ah, sweet memories of wheeeeeeeeee noise of Chuckie Egg anarl! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

I can vaguely recall Christmas 82 or 83 when I got a BBC computer (all my mates had Spectrum's)

On Christmas Eve I went downstairs and set it up before Christmas morning even though I'd been warned and I got caught. Got the cables taken off me until a later date! Was like a 2nd Christmas when I did get it! :lol:. A few months later, I ended up swapping it for a Spectrum with shit loads of games and a bit cash to the kid of the Ivy House landlord at the time! Me Mam wasn't too pleased when she found out as it cost £400 back then and was 3 times the price of a Speccy! :lol:

Kid at the Ivy saw you coming lol...
I had a speccy though, great machine, but dreamed of a bbc.

I can vaguely recall Christmas 82 or 83 when I got a BBC computer (all my mates had Spectrum's). Massive thing and this isn't me in the pick with my pig tails in (those were the 90's!), just to give those who don't know what it was an idea of the size of it!

Elite was the only BBC game I remember, it was class like.

Kid at the Ivy saw you coming lol...
I had a speccy though, great machine, but dreamed of a bbc.

I was impressed by the graphics of the BBC in a computer shop (was on the corner of the road opposite the old bus station but upstairs) and wanted one of those. I think I'd already had a Spectrum the year before but I had knacked it somehow with the common power issues.

Another game I remember on the BBC is Frak!

I eventually swapped for the Speccy as everyone at school had shed loads of C90's with games on swapping them left, right and centre. I had the 'better' computer but having to pay £7.95 a game and nee copies anywhere! I used to 'borrow' them from the computer game rental shop (used to have various computers in the shop) just round the corner from Chaplins but still got the Speccy so I could play all the class games :cool:.

I was impressed by the graphics of the BBC in a computer shop (was on the corner of the road opposite the old bus station but upstairs) and wanted one of those. I think I'd already had a Spectrum the year before but I had knacked it somehow with the common power issues.

Another game I remember on the BBC is Frak!

I eventually swapped for the Speccy as everyone at school had shed loads of C90's with games on swapping them left, right and centre. I had the 'better' computer but having to pay £7.95 a game and nee copies anywhere! I used to 'borrow' them from the computer game rental shop (used to have various computers in the shop) just round the corner from Chaplins but still got the Speccy so I could play all the class games :cool:.

People keep mentioning that shop near the station but for the life of me I cant remember it
I was probably the biggest computer nerd in the north east (at least in my school anyway lol) at that time yet I dont remember it.
I remember one in pallion where you could rent games, the one near chaplins, and of course wh smiths...
I finally did get a BBC, was given it by someone I went to school with (and who I later worked with, who was one of the few decent people in that company), still works fine.
Got some spectrums in bits, repaired most of them but need new keyboards for em.

Elite was the only BBC game I remember, it was class like.

Just been looking for a BBC emulator to have a bash at Frak and found this

http://bbc.godbolt.org/

Cick on Discs at the top, click from STH archive and then filter the search with the word 'Elite' and click on the Acornsoft/Elite.zip (you could try the other enhanced ones after you have a flashback memory visit ;)). You then need to press SHIFT & F12 to load the game.

I think F10 starts it but then after that I'm lost but it does have the Help at the top and it mentions which keys to use somewhere but can't recall where I just saw it. Pressing the F1/F2/F3 etc does switch views/screen etc but I got killed within a minute! :lol:

Frak is on there, as is Frak Rude so gonna have a look at that now but I think it's just Frak showing his arse IIRC! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Frak is on there, as is Frak Rude so gonna have a look at that now but I think it's just Frak showing his arse IIRC!

I was wrong, it's a little more ruder than I thought! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BBC PC , speccys and a Raliegh Burner. Class thread. 80s rule.

I know, I should have changed the title, maybe a Mod can do it to 80's memories or summit?

People keep mentioning that shop near the station but for the life of me I cant remember it
I was probably the biggest computer nerd in the north east (at least in my school anyway lol) at that time yet I dont remember it.
I remember one in pallion where you could rent games, the one near chaplins, and of course wh smiths...
I finally did get a BBC, was given it by someone I went to school with (and who I later worked with, who was one of the few decent people in that company), still works fine.
Got some spectrums in bits, repaired most of them but need new keyboards for em.

there was one downstairs near where Argos is

Just been looking for a BBC emulator to have a bash at Frak and found this

http://bbc.godbolt.org/

Cick on Discs at the top, click from STH archive and then filter the search with the word 'Elite' and click on the Acornsoft/Elite.zip (you could try the other enhanced ones after you have a flashback memory visit ;)). You then need to press SHIFT & F12 to load the game.

I think F10 starts it but then after that I'm lost but it does have the Help at the top and it mentions which keys to use somewhere but can't recall where I just saw it. Pressing the F1/F2/F3 etc does switch views/screen etc but I got killed within a minute! :lol:

Frak is on there, as is Frak Rude so gonna have a look at that now but I think it's just Frak showing his arse IIRC! :lol:

Class!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back