Rafael Benítez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Considering I ever previously thought you were anything other than a typically deluded Mag I fear you may be right in that regard.

Saying clubs should aim to be more than an 'also-rans' citing Leicester's achievement this season as evidence is deluded?

I think Leicester have shown anything is possible with the right setup and a bit of luck.

The increased money has levelled the playing field massively and clubs now need to be more ambitious.
Leicester was a fluke. Even they'll tell you that. What have big clubs done this summer? Gone out and got the best managers around. Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Man Utd and City will only get stronger. West Ham and Southampton will get stronger. We don't know about Leicester. It seems it's a forgone conclusion that Benitez will have you in the mix next season. But first you need to get promoted. All this will happen under Benitez and of course Satan himself Mike Ashley. You've forgotten about him.

I believe Allardyce could have us knocking on the door of Europe within 2 years giving the right backing and time. But first we need to build a team that finishes comfortably mid-table without fear of relegation. That's been realistic. Talk of CL when you're in the Championship is delusional.

Just seen this on a Mags FB page :lol: -

Beat Spurs 5 - 1 on the last day of the season, a capacity crowd watch it, the game has a carnival atmosphere, then we get world class Rafa Benitez to remain as our manager.

Carlsberg don't do relegations, but if they did.....

The sort of manager who might keep a team up?

Well, it's purely hypothetical, but I'm 100% convinced that had Rafa been appointed earlier he'd have kept us up. We only missed out on survival by 2pts (and GD) and I saw enough in the 10 games he had to be that confident.

I agree with you there. He's closer to Karanka in style (and experience of the league) and that appointment worked out fine. So it doesn't mean he will fail, equally, there's no guarantees he'll succeed either.

There's no guarantee, no. But to read on here, you'd think he was entirely unable to prepare a well funded side with an all right spine, for the countries 2nd tier.

Is that how Wenger would set out a side in the championship then? You don't think he would realise that an adjustment of tactics would be needed for a championship side? Benitez may not struggle at all, but he will need to adjust things compared to playing against the likes of Arsenal and their neat interchanging triangles - it is completely unknown how he will cope as it is something he hasn't had to do before.

It'd be foolish to think that a man who's won a variety of trophies in a variety of leagues is incapable of adjusting. In fact that record of winning things with clubs of differing funds, differing sizes, different circumstances suggests he's actually well suited to adjust to this new challenge. It may take a season, it may take no time at all. But the claims on here that Benitez is doomed to fail because he's no experience in the Championship are odd.

Just seen this on a Mags FB page :lol: -

Beat Spurs 5 - 1 on the last day of the season, a capacity crowd watch it, the game has a carnival atmosphere, then we get world class Rafa Benitez to remain as our manager.

Carlsberg don't do relegations, but if they did.....

Carlsberg must have done this one cause that fuckwit is still pissed off his cake.

Well, it's purely hypothetical, but I'm 100% convinced that had Rafa been appointed earlier he'd have kept us up. We only missed out on survival by 2pts (and GD) and I saw enough in the 10 games he had to be that confident.

There's no guarantee, no. But to read on here, you'd think he was entirely unable to prepare a well funded side with an all right spine, for the countries 2nd tier.

It'd be foolish to think that a man who's won a variety of trophies in a variety of leagues is incapable of adjusting. In fact that record of winning things with clubs of differing funds, differing sizes, different circumstances suggests he's actually well suited to adjust to this new challenge. It may take a season, it may take no time at all. But the claims on here that Benitez is doomed to fail because he's no experience in the Championship are odd.
Did he fail to adjust against Villa or did he think a point would be enough?

Leicester was a fluke. Even they'll tell you that. What have big clubs done this summer? Gone out and got the best managers around. Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Man Utd and City will only get stronger. West Ham and Southampton will get stronger. We don't know about Leicester. It seems it's a forgone conclusion that Benitez will have you in the mix next season. But first you need to get promoted. All this will happen under Benitez and of course Satan himself Mike Ashley. You've forgotten about him.

I believe Allardyce could have us knocking on the door of Europe within 2 years giving the right backing and time. But first we need to build a team that finishes comfortably mid-table without fear of relegation. That's been realistic. Talk of CL when you're in the Championship is delusional.

Have I?

Of course it's massively naive to dismiss the possibility that this could unravel by Christmas. People who say 'Ashley has changed' are mugs, you're constantly on your guard with him with all of the shit he has chucked our way in the nine years he has been here.

Who has said Champions League? Crawl before you walk, walk before you run.

One would hope he will cope, quite frankly you'd hope a teenager could manage Newcastle back up with the resources available. This, however, only serves to increase the pressure on his shoulders should early results not be positive.

Why say it's in Northumberland Street then? It seems a bit odd to just blatantly lie like that to get some 'point' across, but maybe that's just me.

Like I said, comprehension and context don't seem to be your strongest suit as you are showing by the earlier post.
Have you remembered about the statue yet? :lol:

Did he fail to adjust against Villa or did he think a point would be enough?

:lol: We can have a discussion or you can try and have a dig, choice is your mate.

One would hope he will cope, quite frankly you'd hope a teenager could manage Newcastle back up with the resources available. This, however, only serve to increase the pressure on his shoulders should early results not be positive.

I'm not sure struggling at the beginning of a season with Newcastle in the Championship will be as daunting as his tenure at Chelsea. I'm sure he'll cope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back