Race Across The World thread

It’s tv so of course it’s contrived. It would not be worth watching if one couple got lucky and a lorry driver took them all the way and they finished miles ahead of everyone else.

I sill like it I just accept it for what it is.

@BMX Bandit nailed it when he said he had no story. They want people who are going on a “journey”. Daughter/father type disfunctional relationship type stuff.

Or health issues that type of thing.

The white, middle class, heterosexual, contented pair have no chance of making the cut.

Last edited:

North Korea would be out and filming in China is very restricted (as seen in S1) but I like the idea of some island hopping in the Philippines which would create loads of potential routes and avoid them all doing the same thing which the previous series suffered a lot from.

Going to islands where there's one ferry a day or less is pretty pointless cos it just creates a catch-up point. Three couples on the same daily ferry to Corsica or wherever with a few hundred yards to the hotel when they land makes it a bit crap, although the makers will argue it stops one team running away with it.

It’s tv so of course it’s contrived. It would not be worth watching if one couple got lucky and a lorry driver took them all the way and they finished miles ahead of everyone else.

I sill like it I just accept it for what it is.

@BMX Bandit nailed it when he said he had no story. They want people who are going on a “journey”. Daughter/father type disfunctional relationship type stuff.

Or health issues that type of thing.

The white, middle class, heterosexual, contented pair have no chance of making the cut.
Think you maybe wrong on the last bit, someone I know their in-laws are doing it, not sure about their social status like.

Back