Quinn getting involved at Fulham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Really, all Nialls appointments took us forward. But not as much as we should have. Keane, a gamble, Bruce, proven at that level and MON who most wanted. Perhaps?

I love Niall Quinn, he saved our club without a doubt. I saw him at Newcastle Airport about 6 months ago and I had to stop myself from saying 'I love you, you big bastard' and came out with a very beige 'Alright Niall'.....

You what? :)
Keane got us promoted as champions but it cost the club a fortune. MM took us to an FA Cup semi final, a play off place and the following season promotion as champions. Keane did less than that on a relative fortune and left with many players that we couldn't give away, that's what.

Keane got us promoted as champions but it cost the club a fortune. MM took us to an FA Cup semi final, a play off place and the following season promotion as champions. Keane did less than that on a relative fortune and left with many players that we couldn't give away, that's what.
Mick got us promoted and relegated. Keane got us promoted and kept us up.

Whatever the incidentals and the resources that allowed it, that's the only comparison that matters in terms of our clubs standing.

McCarthy did wonders to get that squad out of the Championship but fuck me even Fergie would have had some job keeping that bunch in the PL... even if he was playing footy manager and cheating

McCarthy did wonders to get that squad out of the Championship but fuck me even Fergie would have had some job keeping that bunch in the PL... even if he was playing footy manager and cheating
With resources he might have done better, Keane had to resources and squandered them. It's difficult to compare with MM given that he literally had £5 m to send and that included wages. Whatever his failings, the bloke never stood a chance, yet we are still playing the same precarious game.

Mick got us promoted and relegated. Keane got us promoted and kept us up.

Whatever the incidentals and the resources that allowed it, that's the only comparison that matters in terms of our clubs standing.

He did but only really because he was given a lot of cash in the process and in the main spunked it on shite............

MM didn't have a good transfer record with the bit he was given but he had nowt like what keane got...........

To be honest I don't know what he had at Wolves but got the impression the fans didn't want him sacked

Mic Mac is a decent Championship manager but he's very poor at the top level. Showed it with us where he didn't have much to spend and at Wolves where he spent quite a bit and still had them bottom of the league

Like at Wolves?
He didn't get very much at Wolves tbh...........he spent about £22/23 million over three seasons and over half of that was on two players and he did keep them up for two seasons................

I have my doubts he would have done much different to keane but both here and at Wolves he never had the resources drumaville hoyed at Roy..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back