Proper lightbulbs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTG

Striker
Bought 4 x 100W 'Heavy Duty' old-fashioned bulbs from Aldi today for about £1.50. Bloody marvellous things, switch them on and you get instant bright light, don't have to wait until your eyes adjust to the dimness so that they SEEM bright.

"Not suitable for household room illumination" - my arse!

Very much agreed. Replaced the bulb that was pre-installed with an old fashioned lightbulb and the instant and brighter illumination is excellent.

Bought 4 x 100W 'Heavy Duty' old-fashioned bulbs from Aldi today for about £1.50. Bloody marvellous things, switch them on and you get instant bright light, don't have to wait until your eyes adjust to the dimness so that they SEEM bright.

"Not suitable for household room illumination" - my arse!
Quite surprising coming from aldi mind

LED's are the future they say.

A mate of mine works at THORN and I have seen some of these new domestic light fittings that are beginning to come onto the market and they are incredible low energy and bright

The new LCDs are supposed to be really good. Instant light, similar to a 60w bulb but only uses 11w.

A 100w bulb is handy for an occasional light, maybe a landing or something.

I'm a trained lighting designer and director of a lighting company. I have 100w GLS lamps in my house

LED's are the future they say.

A mate of mine works at THORN and I have seen some of these new domestic light fittings that are beginning to come onto the market and they are incredible low energy and bright

I recently did a job where we replaced 4x 600x600 fittings with one LED fitting which provided a better light. LED lighting is superb if you use the right fitting. Cheap to run but expensive to buy.

Bought 15 of those energy efficient lamps for the daughter's dressing room mirror.
£60
I shit you not

My whole house was fitted with SMD bulbs from day one. On the landing, we have two fittings - left the original ones in to compare, and the low energy ones were ~90% as bright. For about 10% of the energy costs and they never seem to fail - 3 years and not a single one (out of about 30) have needed to be replaced.

Put LED ones in the living room lamp (6 bulb job). Perfect.

My whole house was fitted with SMD bulbs from day one. On the landing, we have two fittings - left the original ones in to compare, and the low energy ones were ~90% as bright. For about 10% of the energy costs and they never seem to fail - 3 years and not a single one (out of about 30) have needed to be replaced.

Put LED ones in the living room lamp (6 bulb job). Perfect.

I like the low light the old style energy saving bulbs give off. It's ideal for a living room when you don't always want bright light. Also as they cost next to nowt I just have them on timer to come on when it's dark and go off at about midnight ish.

We have LED lights fitted to all the downstairs. Excellent light but bloody expensive to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back