Poyet's league record over the last year

• Thread starter Deleted member 35145
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone what his win percentage is, got the following text from a Mag earlier;

4 wins from 23/24 games. I don't need Stephen Hawkins to work out Sunderland and Poyet are shit. 20 percent win rate. Wow wow wow

So you didn't expect us to sign players so we wouldn't repeat the previous season. I did.
I expected us to do what we always do, sign free agents or players from championship clubs, or sign players on loan, without any drastic improvement on the pitch

He's doing a decent job, his overall record is 60 points from 54 games, that's alright. Can't complain really, I doubt many managers would do that much better when you consider the problems we've had. If he can reach 40 points this season then he'll have been a great success in his brief time here (in my opinion).
I believe Sunderland will get over 40 points this season. More windows Poyet gets will help Sunderland to a very constant stay in the PL.

Next season will be when you can judge him, if we stay up. The goal was always to somehow keep us up this season with his transitional side, after dumping so many players in the summer. We see, to be on schedule - - slightly ahead really given the escape last year.

Lol one win against Burnley and the "lets wank off over gus" parade is out again. He's tactically inept, has the transfer savvy of me dead cat and has a neverending supply of excuses including blaming the fans everytime a result goes against us. Get a grip man, this is a man who will take us no further. With that squad we should easily be top 12. Gus out :)

Lol one win against Burnley and the "lets wank off over gus" parade is out again. He's tactically inept, has the transfer savvy of me dead cat and has a neverending supply of excuses including blaming the fans everytime a result goes against us. Get a grip man, this is a man who will take us no further. With that squad we should easily be top 12. Gus out :)
We all hear this alot but who in?

Agreed. Brings in wingers then sets the team out to park the bus. I firmly believe we stayed up last season despite Gus rather than because of him. We've played a more attacking/pressing style against Burnley because his preferred tactics have repeatedly failed so he's gone for a style of play which everyone but him could see we should have been playing from the start of the season.

Might as well see out the season with him (as long as he doesn't revert back to ultra defensive shite) but would seriously consider his position in the summer.

I'm neither a Gus in, nor a Gus out, however......Since he's been in charge we have been to a Cup Final and beaten the Mags 3 times in a row, suffice to say things have been worse.

get the feeling he will completely snap one day. he seems to get awfully discouyraged..he'd be right at home with us lot. But he is paid good money to get the best out of his players and some of his commenst are close to throwing in the towel.

get the feeling he will completely snap one day. he seems to get awfully discouyraged..he'd be right at home with us lot. But he is paid good money to get the best out of his players and some of his commenst are close to throwing in the towel.

You certainly wouldn't want to be in the trenches with him!

37 points from 37 games

A point a game is the required rate to stay in the league.

He has also shown that he is capable of a run of form to haul the side the 40 point mark and towards the top 10, and is currently in 14th (level with 13th).

Surely no one can realistically expect much more?
Not with the recruitment policy instilled by the owner we can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back