Poyet's league record over the last year

• Thread starter Deleted member 35145
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 35145

37 points from 37 games

A point a game is the required rate to stay in the league.

He has also shown that he is capable of a run of form to haul the side the 40 point mark and towards the top 10, and is currently in 14th (level with 13th).

Surely no one can realistically expect much more?

He's doing a decent job, his overall record is 60 points from 54 games, that's alright. Can't complain really, I doubt many managers would do that much better when you consider the problems we've had. If he can reach 40 points this season then he'll have been a great success in his brief time here (in my opinion).

37 points from 37 games

He has also shown that he is capable of a run of form to haul the side the 40 point mark and towards the top 10, and is currently in 14th (level with 13th).

He is doing OK yeah, but 37 points from 37 isn't great like, we need to eventually attempt to get mid table

37 points from 37 games

Not for now, but given the amount of games we draw I'd expect 2 good players to improve us significantly

anyone who expected something incredible from us this year after the state we were in last season really needs to sort themselves out

Nothing incredible but I'd have expected more from him than we have so far, just seems like he doesn't know what he is doing half the time rather than someone who is quite calculated in their approach.

Slowly but surely. Rome wasn't built in a day

He is a very good manager at times, and sometimes absolutely awful, but he definitely has something. Just needs to find the right balance, I really think we have some good players at the club, just needs a bit more faith in them!

He averages over 1 point per game. We have been to a cup final, a quarter final and are still going in the FA this year! Also the team is now not as dependent on loans as we have been for the past 3 years or so.

This is all progress compared to previous years in the premier league.

He is a very good manager at times, and sometimes absolutely awful, but he definitely has something. Just needs to find the right balance, I really think we have some good players at the club, just needs a bit more faith in them!
Agree. He will keep us up season after season. So that's a start, then hopefully build on that

I wouldn't go that for, still have concerns about when he loses the plot, fingers crossed though.
Done it last season and will keep us up again good enough for now. As I said Rome wasn't built in a day

37 points from 37 games

In terms of points, he is scraping by and achieving the minimum acceptable albeit with apparent restrictions on player acquisitions, IMHO.

The standard of football however, has been pretty poor to average at best, and probably more painful to watch than most seasons we've been in the top flight (barring the two 19/15 point disasters).

I expect we could be in this situation for a fair few years. Its going to be grim for a while yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back