Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mackem19

Rb,Lb,creative midfielder and winger/striker

Is that enough for us to be steady this season? I'm not so sure

yes well we're going to sorely miss such departees as Vaughan, Gardner, cuellar,bardsley, colback, dossena.
ustari.
ki was a bystander for the last 10 or so games.
if we can replace borini, vergini and Alonso with buys or loans we should be fine.
people seem to forget we have a fit fletcher coming back..a proven premier striker. Wickham came from nowhere in the last 5 games and giacc was starting to show what he was capable of after a difficult first 28 or so games

LB (Alonso? if not another target PDQ)

CB (Vergini? if not another target PDQ)

CM (left footed and scores goals? Much the Millers son?) not sure who we are going for atm

Striker/Winger Borini if not we need another target PDQ

IMHO we are a weaker squad atm than last season.

We need Wickham to sign his contract. If Fletcher and Wickham are fit and scoring we are stronger in these positions than last season ...I doubt we can flog Altidore after his no show at the WC

Centre half with pace, rose or alonso, at least one midfielder and an attacker with pace. All need to be good enough to come into the starting 11. Then need back up full backs, another midfielder if alfie goes and another striker when graham and scocco go.

No Alonso, Colback and Bardsley mean we've lost our first choice, cover and emergency LBs all in one go, even if we get Alonso we're still short on LB cover, unless Jones plays there in which case we need someone to cover RB as well. All in all we're in need of at least 2 more full back options I'd say.

Alonso/Rose/Other and Vergini?

Defence needs sorting.

Vergini + Alonso (swap for Diakite)

Would mean:

Jones RB/LB
Vergini CB/RB
Brown CB
O'Shea CB
Roberge CB/LB
Alonso LB

+ Another = 3 new players at the very least just for the defence.

Scocco and Graham's omission from pre-season so far is telling, they will be off and if Borini comes I can't see another forward arriving.

That leaves us with the midfield, it's bloated with 12 players on the books so expect a couple out on loan with a couple of loan replacements.

All qualified football gurus on here as well as fortune tellers, pathetic

If they are all good players, yes.

As you say, IF they are all good players.....but this is where it gets controversial. We can all name "good players" who could make a difference here.......i'll name Milner, Rodwell, Rose and Jonny Evans but i doubt we'd get any of them never mind all four. The problem the club has is in identifying players who can not only make a difference to the team but where we have a realistic chance of attracting them here. The Borini fee suggests we should be able to compete at that level.....what we don't know is whether our wage offers are commensurate with the fees we are offering.

I'd much rather run a thinner squad of high earning quality players than one bulked out with cheap buys/Bosmans who earn half as much but contribute next to nothing.

I just hope the club don't panic when they are forced to look further down the food chain after their primary targets knock us back.........i'd rather keep hold of any money we've got than be forced into last-ditch buys like Danny Graham and Scocco.

Virgini, Alonso, Zouma (loan), Rodwell (loan), Mutch, Rodriguez (loan), Borini. About 25m spent there, sell Graham (1m), Scocco (2.5m) n'dai (1.5m), cabral (1m), loan out roberge, ba, whatmore and diakite
Piece of piss this d.o.f. job, congerton out, horselover in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back