Poyet 'drastic'

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBH I've been happy to bide me time and see what happens but if Poyet is coming out with this then there's obviously stuff happening that absolutely wasn't in the plans. Which is worrying IMO.

You make the assumption that there is a plan. The only one i have seen in the last few years is to reduce the wage bill.

That is being accomplished.

The writing has been on the wall since day 1 regarding our transfer dealings this summer.

It's no surprise that anybody who called it a month ago were ridiculed but then, that is the case on here whenever a negative word gets said.

For me, the entire senior management of the club are suspect and along with the umpteen debacles of recent years have again showed themselves to be anything but competent in their transfer dealings this summer. Quite honestly we are amateur and I suspect Ellis Short must be wondering just what he has to do to recruit a genuine candidate to lead the club.

Maybe he needs to hire the best and back them with 100's of millions like happened at Chelsea, Man City, PSG, Malaga. Not a sound long term plan financially but those teams certainly began competing after the huge initial investment.

Alternatively he could look for us to become a sustainable club and build slowly. Steadily looking to improve without over investing his own wealth.

Happy to let him call the shots really, I will just keep going along and watching like a sheep. ;)

Well that confirms it, upper management and chief negotiators are failing us.

What have all the 'happy clapper', "keep the faith" got to say about the situation now?
Keep the faith, obviously. By the way, the term happy clapper has to be the single most annoying phrase. Its called supporting the team and being pragmatic. We're never going to amount to anything more than midtable mediocrity. Just because we support our team through the bad times (not that these are) doesnt mean we dont care.

The writing has been on the wall since day 1 regarding our transfer dealings this summer.

It's no surprise that anybody who called it a month ago were ridiculed but then, that is the case on here whenever a negative word gets said.

For me, the entire senior management of the club are suspect and along with the umpteen debacles of recent years have again showed themselves to be anything but competent in their transfer dealings this summer. Quite honestly we are amateur and I suspect Ellis Short must be wondering just what he has to do to recruit a genuine candidate to lead the club.

:rolleyes:

That was June the World Cup was also still going on, 6 weeks until the start of the season lots of time to get things done.

However 4 weeks on, Poyet has every right to question the shambles that is going on behind the scenes. The chief executive and sporting director are not doing their jobs, their sound bite is the same every interview. 2 weeks to go and we are nowhere near ready.

Quite honestly we are amateur and I suspect Ellis Short must be wondering just what he has to do to recruit a genuine candidate to lead the club.
Certainly not letting the club in the hands of someone who got Hamburg in a historical mess. It isn't really that complicated

Spot on.

It's been starring everyone straight in the face for weeks now that Congerton is failing badly in his role, even our own manager has publicly come out and said he's not happy with progress of signings, but as usual on this messageboard anytime someone says something negative they get shot down in flames by clowns who are unable to see anything with their red and blinkers on.

Congerton has totally wrecked Poyet's pre-season plans, he has failed to deliver players that Poyet can coach to his style of play and you can bet your bottom dollar that if we get off to a bad start that Poyet will be blaming it on Congerton for failing to get the players in soon enough, the club is a shambles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back