Poyet 'drastic'

Status
Not open for further replies.

it seems we're about to hit the panic button on transfers

this happens ever f**king year; this is going to go one of two ways, either we do as usual and sign a bunch of overpriced plodders on high wages or we stick to the plan and end up a few players short but with wages and transfer funds to spare for more non-panicy transfers in january (maybe relying on the youth to fill gaps). since the overpriced plodders route hasn't served us well in the last 10 seasons how about we actually stick to a plan for a change.

Personally I think he is being a bit of a minge if the quote is representative of the context of his interview. It's the easiest job in the world to say "I want these specific players and I want them now. And if I don't get them quickly I'll scweam and scweam until I'm sick". We are a lower mid table team on a budget. If he wants players quickly he has to be prepared to compromise on his targets. If he wants his targets he has to be prepared to compromise on timescales. Leaving aside the unknowns and applying some logic to the situation it's just that simple. Gus has always been a bit of a diva.
Good thing we have the man who got Hamburg on their knees to do the job.

where are they then, genius? a fullback who couldnt get a full season in a west brom side that were almost relegated, a player relegated with wigan, and a goalkeeper that couldnt get a game. progress.
I bet Gus used the same line when talking to Congerton. :lol:

The relationship between Gus and congerton doesn't sound a healthy one. Sounds a bit more positive about Alonso though despite yesterday's reports. Poyet “It’s close, but not close enough. Everything is on track. For all the deals to come together everyone needs to be happy and it’s not easy."
I can't imagine any manager being happy with his hands being tied.

“My idea was to have, out of my squad of 25, 20 in Portugal, but that’s not the case"

Does that mean he thinks we are more than 5 players short of a 25 man squad?

tbf even Alonso wasn't going to be a lay down misere.
he had a good season and maybe his agent wants him to wait before committing in case more filthy lucre is in the offing.
we've had serious issues in the past with our wage bill and though it irks Ellis wont let it get it out hand again

I am not too bothered like, but it would of been nice to have our team just about ready for Gus to mould, give us a head start, its a bit school boy really.

Some people are going over the top panic, some are burying their heads in the sand saying it is all OK, somewhere in the middle, but Gus clearly slightly worried.

“My idea was to have, out of my squad of 25, 20 in Portugal, but that’s not the case"

Does that mean he thinks we are more than 5 players short of a 25 man squad?

Think he just wanted 20 first team players he would use this season in Portugal. I don't think we are anywhere near to being close to that figure if you look hate actual players who played last night

The more articles I read like that the more a feeling of deja-vu I have. I'd hoped we would be able to handle transfer activity differently from this window,but it feels increasingly like more of the same.:(

So now Poyet doesn't know the transfer budget and he's over reacting after reading the SMB? How many excuses can people find for Congerton? :lol:
Criticise Congerton when you are aware of the facts, which if they are ever to come into the public eye, it won't be until the end of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back