Poyet 'drastic'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that people's concerns are related to the amount of signings we require just to put us on an even keel with last season, one which we narrowly avoided relegation in.

Absolutly. Poyet has also made it clear that he wants the majority of his first team squad to be Portugal! We are a bucket load of signings away from that.

Maybe the board will call him a minge.

I wouldn't mind knowing how Congerton managed to get this job in the first place. I wonder which genius saw Hamburg had their worst season in their history and thought it would be a good idea to then hire the bloke who was in charge of transfers.

I'm particularly bothered or concerned because it's only football and it's completely out of our hands, but it looks like two out of two on the bizarre DOF appointments so far.
:lol::lol: True.

sounds annoyed does gus like
More like frustrated. It's was always going to be difficult to attract the quality players he wants.

We were nearly relegated last season and spent most of it bottom of the league. We are not an attractive club to the better players unless we throw daft money around.

Well that confirms it, upper management and chief negotiators are failing us.

What have all the 'happy clapper', "keep the faith" got to say about the situation now?
is it any wonder. at the back end of the season, poyet was publicly telking people something was wrong at the club. now they dont want to come. I wonder why, gus? ohh... that and we're yearly relegation candidates. if I was a player with any ambition, I wouldnt come here either at the moment.

More like frustrated. It's was always going to be difficult to attract the quality players he wants.

We were nearly relegated last season and spent most of it bottom of the league. We are not an attractive club to the better players unless we throw daft money around.
We are a lot more attractive than we were a few years back. There isn't any excuse for such a poor transfer activity.

I was quite calm until I saw Poyet's comments, he is 100% right to question why what he has asked for hasn't been done and we are just over 3 weeks away now.

I was quite calm until I saw Poyet's comments, he is 100% right to question why what he has asked for hasn't been done and we are just over 3 weeks away now.

Keith Downie ‏@SkySports_Keith 4m
Sunderland boss Gus Poyet on lack of signings: "the closer we get to next week, the more drastic we'll have to get."

This what bugs me. He should have been more 'drastic' in the beginning. Been more willing to get dirty and test the rules. Been more willing to put up a fight. It is a dog eat dog world we live in. You need to do it to them before they have a chance to do it to you.

is it any wonder. at the back end of the season, poyet was publicly telking people something was wrong at the club. now they dont want to come. I wonder why, gus? ohh... that and we're yearly relegation candidates. if I was a player with any ambition, I wouldnt come here either at the moment.
Are you joking? A club going in their 8 consecutive Premier League season and coming after a Cup final isn't attractive for any decent player? Are you Congerton himself?

Absolutly. Poyet has also made it clear that he wants the majority of his first team squad to be Portugal! We are a bucket load of signings away from that.

Maybe the board will call him a minge.
Personally I think he is being a bit of a minge if the quote is representative of the context of his interview. It's the easiest job in the world to say "I want these specific players and I want them now. And if I don't get them quickly I'll scweam and scweam until I'm sick". We are a lower mid table team on a budget. If he wants players quickly he has to be prepared to compromise on his targets. If he wants his targets he has to be prepared to compromise on timescales. Leaving aside the unknowns and applying some logic to the situation it's just that simple. Gus has always been a bit of a diva.

Are you joking? A club going in their 8 consecutive Premier League season and coming after a Cup final isn't attractive for any decent player? Are you Congerton himself?
where are they then, genius? a fullback who couldnt get a full season in a west brom side that were almost relegated, a player relegated with wigan, and a goalkeeper that couldnt get a game. progress.

Poyet not pleased, understandably

Someone needs to explain this DOF role for me, I thought the idea was that he goes out and looks for the players etc, sets up scouting teams etc, if Poyet is individually picking the players, then why do we need a DOF, surely he is just doing the chief executive's job if he is literally just making the bids and offering the wages.

Not really adding much is he.

Did we need him to help us sign Borini and Alonso? 2 players he had absolutely nothing to do with.

Bit strange IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back