Poyet 'drastic'

Status
Not open for further replies.
they are grasping at every hope that their dismay at lack of signings and disdain for safc high ups will bear fruit.
words like 'drastic' have them diving for the tummy wipes....its pathetic!

should the club get in the players they want they'll refuse to take back
the shit they've pelted and further will suggest those of us pointing out
their shallowness are mean spirited etc.
if they are right they'll be rolling like pigs in the shite they so love .

they're acting like we've stood still while all around us teams have made fabulous signings of players they've never before heard of or hasbeens like Joe Cole and bojan

They just want to say I told you so, snd when we do sign someone they'll be on here saying is that the best we can do.

People berating Congerton when they have no idea whatsoever what our transfer budget is and the transfer window open for weed yet is utterly ridiculous.

Poyet must have a log in on here to come out with equally ridiculous comments like last night.

How about the other 5 positions we need to fill?
What are they? As far as I can see everything above left back and left wing are about improving on players we already have here (perhaps with the exception of one more defender). So while we would certainly prefer to improve in certain positions - notably central midfield - our pressing need is to fill the two positions above. And since it is clear that Gus wants those two specific players you can see why progress could be slower than we would like.

That's true but if Borini was here for the full season and nobody had the foresight to even bring up the subject of him moving permanently before we go public that we've made a £14 million bid - that makes us look a bit silly.

Then with Alonso we spent so long fannying about with first of all a straight swap for Diakite, then a bit of money plus Diakite, then £1.5 million plus Diakite - by the time we got round to getting to any sort of serious offer for him, hes played 2-3 pre season games and impressed to the point where Montella won't sell. If we hadn't been scrabbling around looking for loose change and started negotiations at the £2.5 million plus Diakite that we ended up at anyway, then he wouldn't have had time to start playing for them.
I think it was Liverpool going public not us, as for Alonso if he's now played his way into his managers plans there isn't a lot we can do, maybe we should move on to other targets in both fronts

We need more In than those two
Alonso vergini and borini and we're set.
bardsley colback and Gardner replaced by Jones and gomez
cuellar, Vaughan and Westwood wont be missed one bit
ustari, dossena not missed
ki never featured in our major run and wasn't missed and won't be
never have a problem getting loans in (ok for Everton ok for us ) so the worriers can save on the nappy expenditure

Alonso vergini and borini and we're set.
bardsley colback and Gardner replaced by Jones and gomez
cuellar, Vaughan and Westwood wont be missed one bit
ustari, dossena not missed
ki never featured in our major run and wasn't missed and won't be
never have a problem getting loans in (ok for Everton ok for us ) so the worriers can save on the nappy expenditure

The players we have currently do not fit Poyets style of play. Our squad has absolutely no pace at all. Our central midfield is amongst the weakest in the league. Our squad is extremely thin. Alonso no longer for sale. Borini situation doesn't look good. Vergini is shite.

Does anyone else hate the term "bedwetter"? Some have seen this coming for the last week or 2 and had concerns. We need quality and quantity and it was obvious it would get to this situation, but people bury their heads and just like to call people this pathetic term. By the looks of it poyet is a bedwetter as well then. We need about 7 more to come in, in a short space of time. Didn't take a football genius to see it was getting to the stage, where it was getting a bit close on time. Hopefully it can still happen, but its looking less and less likely. Even poyet looks to be thinking that.

People berating Congerton when they have no idea whatsoever what our transfer budget is and the transfer window open for weed yet is utterly ridiculous.

Poyet must have a log in on here to come out with equally ridiculous comments like last night.
So now Poyet doesn't know the transfer budget and he's over reacting after reading the SMB? How many excuses can people find for Congerton? :lol:

My idea was to have, out of my squad of 25, 20 in Portugal, but that’s not the case. I’m working, I keep believing, nothing changes that, the situation is ongoing. It’s not easy. The market is only big, big signings, the rest are waiting – I don’t know why – it’s not my job though. You need to ask Lee Congerton this.

sounds annoyed does gus like

The relationship between Gus and congerton doesn't sound a healthy one. Sounds a bit more positive about Alonso though despite yesterday's reports. Poyet “It’s close, but not close enough. Everything is on track. For all the deals to come together everyone needs to be happy and it’s not easy."

I wouldn't mind knowing how Congerton managed to get this job in the first place. I wonder which genius saw Hamburg had their worst season in their history and thought it would be a good idea to then hire the bloke who was in charge of transfers.

I'm particularly bothered or concerned because it's only football and it's completely out of our hands, but it looks like two out of two on the bizarre DOF appointments so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back