RR Poyet A Defeat Away From Danger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juries out for me...unless something positive happens on Monday, my £35 x 2 each home game will be spent in the pub instead.

Will
Seems to have fallen into the same style as O'Neil. Says something really when yet another manager cannot change the way we play.
Will people stop comparing it to oneil,that was direct football missing out the midfield, didn't here people complaining about poyets style when he kept us up last season. It will come again when we get some confidence back

Deary me, talk about head in the sand. How shit do we have to get?
We have lost 2 games in a row, which we have done 100 of times in the past under many managers, get a grip

Everyone seems to over inflate our points from future games! Away from home we are a light touch and at home we struggle to break teams down. We could easily get 1 or 2 points only, from the next 6 games given that 4 of them are against top, top teams. Yes you can win any one off game but the way we are playing and the players that we have lends itself towards winning on a very, very rare occasion only I fear.
Every everybody said this same shite last season in the run in, we wont get anymore points! And look what happened

Last edited:
I don't accept Poyet has no culpability for the summer transfer business. He obsessed about Borini and neglected to come up with a decent alternative while also leaving other areas of the squad too light.
He was happy to sign a new contract and knew the arrangements about his working relationship with Congerton.
I'd be delighted to see him turn our fortunes around but won't lose any sleep if he gets the push. I also disagree with those who suggest a new manager would need a complete overhaul. I think there is sufficient quality in our squad to survive in this seasons premier league comfortably, we just need to play a system more suited to their strengths and then start to wheel and deal again next summer.
I could see the whole dof issue being the thing that causes Poyets demise in January. If he digs his heels in and insists on sole responsibility for transfers, and then uses his buys as evidence to support his cause (Bridcutt, Scocco, Ustari and Buckley for example) I could see Short giving him his P45.

Having read the article, it's not saying anything that supporters would disagree with. However, a key point was missed. One of the main reasons some supporters are deeply unhappy with Gus, is not so much the defeats, it's the style of football we play. It's boring, ponderous and unexciting.
Its alarming runs of defeats that see the end of our managers. Bruce, Oniell, and Di canio were sacked for terrible runs of defeats. The style of football is irrelevant, if Gus can get an unexciting unbeaten run going then we will be all ok. A nil nil at Palace would be a start.

He's already under pressure but another poor performance and defeat against palace and he will be under a lot of pressure to get results against Everton and Leicester

I think the writings on the wall personally. Be gone by Christmas

Rumours Gus was sacked/resigned after the 5-1 defeat at spurs last season, its the manor of defeats that making it all the worse this time round, we need a performance and a half at palace, need to aim for a win and 2 draws next 3 games just to get some confidence back.

Managers get flipped relatively quickly nowadays. It's a results business. If Short determines that things are getting worse, which I would imagine wouldn't take many more bad results to conclude, it would be an obvious choice to get someone else in. PL status is everything and if GP can't get the best out of the players then get someone in that can. He's had a year, how long do you need?!

He's already under pressure but another poor performance and defeat against palace and he will be under a lot of pressure to get results against Everton and Leicester

I think the writings on the wall personally. Be gone by Christmas

Sadly, I agree. Really hope he proves us wrong though as I still have high hopes for him but his football has been dire and ridiculously predictable so far this season

Managers get flipped relatively quickly nowadays. It's a results business. If Short determines that things are getting worse, which I would imagine wouldn't take many more bad results to conclude, it would be an obvious choice to get someone else in. PL status is everything and if GP can't get the best out of the players then get someone in that can. He's had a year, how long do you need?!
I think to move us on , any manager needs a hell of. Lot longer than a year. Once we stayed up , he basically has had 9 mat ches to try and improve us . Its not going well but he should be given at least another couple of seasons in my opinion regardless of whether we go down.

I think to move us on , any manager needs a hell of. Lot longer than a year. Once we stayed up , he basically has had 9 mat ches to try and improve us . Its not going well but he should be given at least another couple of seasons in my opinion regardless of whether we go down.
Why? What do you see in him? He's so far out of his depth it's untrue, looks clueless, acts like a child & is totally inept.

Ha ha ha ha, love the "Agenda" quote, always used against people who can blatantly see how appalling the set up is under Poyet, absolutely clueless.
Look at your posts. If that's not an agenda I don't know what is. Gus has really got to you hasn't he.

A Love Supreme's Chris Thompson says there is still plenty of reason to believe in Gus Poyet, but he's nearing some very dangerous ground unless Sunderland get back to winning ways soon. Allow me to begin this article by expressing my fondness for Gus Poyet. With the keep-ball mentality of Peter Reid, the likeability of Mick McCarthy and just a...

More at Roker Report...

First off, Peter Reid's football was direct and good to watch. This season we have had most possession in 2 of our 9 games so drop the myth about Gus playing possession footy.
McCarthy was a dour manager even by Yorkshire standards. Pint with him and the 'likeability' would wane.
Gus having a touch of madness?! If only that were true. More a bland, 'here today gone tomorra' empty suit.

Look at your posts. If that's not an agenda I don't know what is. Gus has really got to you hasn't he.
I think he's a terrible manager. not sure how that constitutes an agenda? As for him getting to me? Hardly, got more important things to worry about, rearranging my toilet rolls for instance.

The calibre of players are the main problem

Thats true to a degree but it was Poyet's job to ensure we had a team capable of playing his chosen style of football. We were all really encouraged at the end of last season but without some players who were intergral to that team we haven't looked capable of matching our purple patch of last April/May.
Alonso, Bardsley, Colback and Borini while being decent players at this level are hardly the calibre of player champions league clubs were hammering our door down to sign and while not 'easy' as to replace, it shouldn't have been impossible.
I appreciate he's been unlucky with Jones injury record (although he did have an injury prone tag at WBA), Rodwell has been a disappointment, PVA although raw looks promising while Gomez flatters to deceive and Borini hadn't been replaced at all. Add to that a failure to bring in a young commanding centre half and you can see why we're struggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back