RR Poyet A Defeat Away From Danger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poyet A Defeat Away From Danger

Finally the penny drops.

We have to stick with Poyet for at least another two seasons. Give him time to build a relationship with the DoF and produce short, medium and long term strategies for player recruitment and youth development. We need to end this cycle of getting a new man in every year - 18 months. Every time we do, we completely overhaul the squad (on a shoestring to work within Ellis Short's financial plan) and disrupt any identity the manager is trying to impose on the club.

I'm not particularly enamoured with Poyet's comments of late but the club need to work with him (and he needs to reciprocate) to establish a clear plan of how he can work with Congerton as part of a team rather than distance himself from the decisions made. He can only do that if he has a belief that the club are willing to back him long term rather than on short term results.

How many loan players have we had, that stops stability, even worse having lots of players out of contract at the same time, we are what Fulham were last season, let's hope it doesn't end the same way.

Add that all to a stubborn manager who sticks to plan a that doesn't really work, it doesn't look good.

We have to stick with Poyet for at least another two seasons. Give him time to build a relationship with the DoF and produce short, medium and long term strategies for player recruitment and youth development. We need to end this cycle of getting a new man in every year - 18 months. Every time we do, we completely overhaul the squad (on a shoestring to work within Ellis Short's financial plan) and disrupt any identity the manager is trying to impose on the club.

I'm not particularly enamoured with Poyet's comments of late but the club need to work with him (and he needs to reciprocate) to establish a clear plan of how he can work with Congerton as part of a team rather than distance himself from the decisions made. He can only do that if he has a belief that the club are willing to back him long term rather than on short term results.
Youve jumbled about 2 or 3 issues there.

Establishing clear plans has not been a part of club policy as far as I can see for a long, long time.

How many loan players have we had, that stops stability, even worse having lots of players out of contract at the same time, we are what Fulham were last season, let's hope it doesn't end the same way.

Add that all to a stubborn manager who sticks to plan a that doesn't really work, it doesn't look good.

That's why my main point was about sticking with a manager and formulating a long term plan for player recruitment, youth development and how to take the club forward. Every time a new man comes in they'll have their own ideas on who they rate, who they don't, who should be given new deals.

Youve jumbled about 2 or 3 issues there.

Establishing clear plans has not been a part of club policy as far as I can see for a long, long time.

I'm not sure about 'jumbling' issues. I see them all as part of what should be a long term plan. I can see that the club don't appear to have had one recently - that's why my main issue is about working with Poyet and getting him to buy in to a long term strategy rather than give him the bullet after the next two games.

We need to get rid of the whole DoF thing imo. It causes too many arguments, there's no evidence that its gonna work, and it gives too many people too many excuses.

Mind keeping managers is no guarantee of success either, you need to keep the right ones and sack the shit ones to achieve anything. Which category poyet is in is currently open to debate, id keep him for now but wouldnt want him indefinitely and regardless of what happens on the pitch purely for continuitys sake, just as i think we can all agree it was right for Wilko to go
Fair enough, but,

We have to give him a chance. He may not be people's cup of tea but if he was good enough to keep us up and reach a cup final, then we need to stick with him. The day before the cup final or the last day of last season everyone was happy with him.

Unless we are cut a drift then I would stick with him, even if it means another God awful season. We need to stick it out with someone and allow them to build a team.

If its a humiliating defeat to Palace I think the agents of Pulis and Steve Clarkes phones will be ringing.

Ha'way Gus lad, prove the doubters wrong.

[QUOTE="RTG, post: 18958706, member: 32346"With the keep-ball mentality of Peter Reid, the likeability of Mick McCarthy and the possibility of success of Howard Wilkinson...[/QUOTE]

Tidied.

Everyone seems to over inflate our points from future games! Away from home we are a light touch and at home we struggle to break teams down. We could easily get 1 or 2 points only, from the next 6 games given that 4 of them are against top, top teams. Yes you can win any one off game but the way we are playing and the players that we have lends itself towards winning on a very, very rare occasion only I fear.

It's difficult enough making a DOF system work when everyone is singing from the same hymn-sheet......it's nigh on impossible when there's friction between them.

Seems to have fallen into the same style as O'Neil. Says something really when yet another manager cannot change the way we play.
Not really a surprise when you have a midfield who basically create nowt !! We have no creative attacking players in there.......and as long as gus selects Larsson we never will !! Anyway let's hope for a shock result at palace - keep the faith !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back