Porridge....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant knock that. Perhaps i've turned into a lazy git over the years :lol: I still find it funny people having it bowls (I do myself now :oops:) When i was a bairn my mam would put it on a plate with a bit cold milk drizzled over it and on the edges to cool it down. Ah happy memories, before i moved onto ready brek, as a mature 12 year old does :lol:

Was on a very low income in the past and struggling to get by, so I turned into a right money saving fanatic :lol:

Cant knock that. Perhaps i've turned into a lazy git over the years :lol: I still find it funny people having it bowls (I do myself now :oops:) When i was a bairn my mam would put it on a plate with a bit cold milk drizzled over it and on the edges to cool it down. Ah happy memories, before i moved onto ready brek, as a mature 12 year old does :lol:

Our ma would have a big saucepan of it bubbling away on a Saturday morning. I didn't particularly like it as a kid but we'd eat it in a small bowl with milk around the edges too and with hods of sugar.

Our ma would have a big saucepan of it bubbling away on a Saturday morning. I didn't particularly like it as a kid but we'd eat it in a small bowl with milk around the edges too and with hods of sugar.
Cant beat childhood memories. I remember my Mam having the gas oven on full with the door open to warm the kitchen up before i went to school. Now it's a standard morning (And i mean every fecking morning mon-fri no matter how many times i say about it) where i come down and straight away turn the heating down from about 32 to 22 then turn off half the light, from where the kids have gone down and turned everything on, while then walking around with earphones ignoring each other :evil:

Cant beat childhood memories. I remember my Mam having the gas oven on full with the door open to warm the kitchen up before i went to school. Now it's a standard morning (And i mean every fecking morning mon-fri no matter how many times i say about it) where i come down and straight away turn the heating down from about 32 to 22 then turn off half the light, from where the kids have gone down and turned everything on, while then walking around with earphones ignoring each other :evil:

We had central heating from mid-late 80s onwards but our dad would turn it on about twice a year! We went to bed in hats, socks and dressing gowns on a few very cold nights.

I tend to get up first and hoy the heating on so that the kids are OK on the cold mornings, I can't believe how caring I can be!

We had central heating from mid-late 80s onwards but our dad would turn it on about twice a year! We went to bed in hats, socks and dressing gowns on a few very cold nights.

I tend to get up first and hoy the heating on so that the kids are OK on the cold mornings, I can't believe how caring I can be!
I'm just turning into a old fart "Do you have to have it that high?" ......"Does it need 2 lights on in this room with the curtains shut, while it daylight outside?" :lol:
Christ my dad used to say how he used to burn his feet now and again as a kid on the brick that was heated next to the fire and put in a tea towell to warm the bottom of his bed up like a hot water bottle. See that's another one, the hot water bottle. We couldn't be happy of a rubberised, safe heating item could we? No we had to then invent fluffy,furry covers for these. We are all turning soft. Rant over......for now :lol:

I'm just turning into a old fart "Do you have to have it that high?" ......"Does it need 2 lights on in this room with the curtains shut, while it daylight outside?" :lol:
Christ my dad used to say how he used to burn his feet now and again as a kid on the brick that was heated next to the fire and put in a tea towell to warm the bottom of his bed up like a hot water bottle. See that's another one, the hot water bottle. We couldn't be happy of a rubberised, safe heating item could we? No we had to then invent fluffy,furry covers for these. We are all turning soft. Rant over......for now :lol:

Hot water bottles were good, when I wet the bed as a 21 year I could blame them instead of the booze.

That does make me think of my mam's chip pan that was always on the hob (but not always in use). Years and years of oil had spilt over the sides so there was no longer any visible metal. Some had burnt and turned black. It made this sort of alien rubbery orange and black substance round it. It looked space aged when they chucked it for a shining white deep fat fryer.

That does make me think of my mam's chip pan that was always on the hob (but not always in use). Years and years of oil had spilt over the sides so there was no longer any visible metal. Some had burnt and turned black. It made this sort of alien rubbery orange and black substance round it. It looked space aged when they chucked it for a shining white deep fat fryer.
I think it was probably beef dripping mate, at least my mothers was, great for chips and fried eggs which were crispy on the edges, but the yolks were spot on.

WTF is it with the twats (down south is my present experience) who have decided that porridge is f***ing trendy. Oooo...look at me, I'm not eating a full english, I'm having tasteless f***ing rabbit food with hot water on it. Daft c*nts...

Bloke next to me eats it at his desk every morning - too tight to buy from the canteen he has his own f***ing box of it. f***ing slurps the twat with every spoonful...f***ing disgusting. I have to walk away from my desk for 5 minutes till I hear the "clank, clank, scrape, scrape" of the bowl then I know he's on his last bastard gobful.

Wouldn't care but the daft arse smokes about 40 tabs a day - the porridge obviously counteracting the harmful effects of the lung bangers.

Rant over...
Ya canna beat a lettuce leaf and a glass of watter.!

Beef dripping! I use Rapeseed oil. Far better for bean and avocado eaters like me:lol:
I eat beans and avocados too, in fact you would be surprised at my Healthy food knowledge and consumption

I eat beans and avocados too, in fact you would be surprised at my Healthy food knowledge and consumption

You'd be surprised at my unhealthy food intake for a pescetarian.
I eat Chia seeds, wholewheat pasta, exceed my 5 a day of fruit and veg, have porridge for breakfast daily but eat fry ups at weekends, have an addiction to Hula Hoops and crisps which might be why Polska calls me a fat bastard all the time:)

They only threw it out because they finally realised it was dangerous when I accidentally set it on fire :oops:

:) I didn't know that!

Think you were out playing. It was a day when Mam was at work, so I thought I'd be helpful and make some tea for her coming in. Dad walked into the kitchen and the pan just randomly burst into flames. He was rooted to the spot just pointing at it and trying to speak and I was cool as a cucumber and turned the cooker off with the main switch, soaked the tea towel and threw that over to extinguish the fire. Then I burst into tears and panicked when it was all over :oops: He threw the pan out then and let Mam pick a deep fat fryer out the Argos catalogue and went and bought it for her. Awww dead romantic our parents like :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back