Players Who Have Made the Switch From Midfielder to Defender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ball gray Williams of the top of my head
Dion dublin and lee howey went from striker to defender I think
Oh yeah and me

Julio was captain of Argentina u21's as a left back before joining us but Reid always played him left mid. Converted back by McCarthy in the Championship. The only time I've ever seen a left back dictate a game was Julio away to a poor Walsall team under Mick Mac. Absolutely ran the show.

I basically agree with you, here, but I thought that Julio was a wing-back for Argentina, which is just about the only position we didn't play him in. We also threw him in as a central midfielder for at least one game under Reid, I think.

Julio was captain of Argentina u21's as a left back before joining us but Reid always played him left mid. Converted back by McCarthy in the Championship. The only time I've ever seen a left back dictate a game was Julio away to a poor Walsall team under Mick Mac. Absolutely ran the show.

QUality footballer, he did the same against Bradford away. He just took the piss from left back.

Paul Warhurst moved from defence to attack at Sheff Wed.

That's the best shout, an ordinary centre half but a handy striker, sure he got England cap(s) as a striker....

Colback was the worst full back in the PL last season, barring Willy Jones.

Owers switched from midfield to right back and did pretty well for us when played there.
Bally went the other way,from c/h to midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back