percentage of posters on here with season tickets/ regular match goers/gobshites

Status
Not open for further replies.

I myself and the 2 lads have season tickets and have done for years, tbh more out of something to do on a Saturday than value for money /entertainment
I have a feeling though that members on pf are about 1 third season ticket holders with a passion for the club 1 third regular match day attendees when they can and the rest who are either wums, antagonists or haven't been to the sol in their lives type of fan
which type are you

I would love to have a season ticket, I would love to go to all the away games but alas its not possible. I get to 4 maybe 5 games a season. So I must (by your summation) fall into the latter category of wum/antagonist.

** Mods is there a something that can be shown on my profile or underneath my non existent avatar to show i'm not a real supporter like @mr chuckles

50 years plus season ticket holder and 570 mile round trip but happy clapper!!!!!
Great effort!!

Last edited:
I would love to have a season ticket, I would love to go to all the away games but alas its not possible. I get to 4 maybe 5 games a season. So I must (by your summation) fall into the latter category of wum/antagonist.

** Mods is there a something that can be shown on my profile or underneath my non existent avatar to show i'm not a real supporter like @mr chuckles

Great effort!!
Supporters come in all shapes and sizes..my passion for sunderland started in 1973 but I had been going to a lot of games sinc 1967..in those days season tickets were for folk who took their fish and chips home in a briefcase! .........So I got my first season ticket in 1994-1995 as the capacity of Roker started to dwindle...........Between 1998 and 2004I could not make it due to finance and illness but I have had a season ticket since then and will go until finance illness or death prevents me!
..............In those years when I could not go my passion for SAFC never wained and like many others the numbers of games I attended did not effect my enthusiasm and it is unaffected by the performance of the team........In reality I will allways support the team ....I will always go to the SOL if I am able and my support is independant of match attendance and team performance.

..............Whilst I dont agree with cucky...in his effort to create a hierarchy of support I do find myself disliking some posters on here who come on to tell us that they are not going anymore because for no other reason than team performance ...............are they lesser supporters than the rest of us well the simple answer is YES!...I suggest they are non supporters .....They will come out with nonsense like what sheep we are and were stupid to turn up week after week to watch the dross!Well thats what supporters of our great club do we turn up in our droves to watch some of the worst football out there and pay for the privilege,Thats what makes us second to none in the footballing world and there aint no better supporters in the land!

missed about 10 home games since 1986; my opinion is more or less valid than anyone elses. The only thing I would say is that you see a different aspect of the game depending on whether you sit behind the goal or on the side

Since I won the lottery, I bought three season tickets at the Stadium Of Light for my good self and two friends. I also bought three for St James' Park.
Now don't let anybody tell you they have a full house screaming them on, cos I'll show you three empty seats.;)

Season Ticket up until The end of the O'Neill era! Ended up getting a job where i work Saturdays so that killed me off, Get to as many as i can......Oh and fuck off you judgemental piss biscuit

I bought my one and only season ticket in 1968. I have it right here in front of me at this very moment. Clock Stand - it cost me the princely sum of £12.00.

"N.B. Under no circumstances will this be replaced if lost" :lol:

I don't attend many games now, can't be f***ing arsed.

Living in York it's almost a full day out to get up for the match, so unfortunately as the missus is expecting I've had to give the season ticket up this year. I'll still be getting to games when I can & will be getting my ticket back as soon as its realistic.

I have visited the NE twice in the last two months but for various reasons I haven't been able to get to a game this season.

Planning to go to Liverpool home game at Xmas.

Haven't missed a home game when I've been in the country since 2006 including cup. (About 4 when I've been abroad).

No idea when I got my first season ticket, had one over ten years but dunno exactly when I got it. Been going to the match well over 30 years.

I did have a think about it this season, the truth is I'm kinda lost without the football though so renewed. I'll have done around 50k miles in the last five years just for home games, seems a bit mental when I look at it that way..

As sad as it may sound, football on a Saturday for me is a way of life. I'll never stop until I die.

I myself and the 2 lads have season tickets and have done for years, tbh more out of something to do on a Saturday than value for money /entertainment
I have a feeling though that members on pf are about 1 third season ticket holders with a passion for the club 1 third regular match day attendees when they can and the rest who are either wums, antagonists or haven't been to the sol in their lives type of fan
which type are you

I came over in 2012 and went to two home games, factoring in just my flights (and ignoring food/pints, accommodation and trains etc), that cost me about 600 GBP per game.

That's about three season tickets worth, that's gotta make me some boy on your chuckle scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back