PDC / Di Fanti's signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might want to read up on Walton a tad.
I know very well who he was, why are you attempting to defend the appointment of that idiot?

I tell you why its bad, because he only wants to sign players either that he knows, or from his mate agents

It is the worst thing you can possibly do, the pool of players become's less and less limited. You end up signing players not because they are good or because you even want them, but because your mate can get them on the cheap

Do you think we had scouted Roberge for months and months? I bet none of our scouts had even seen him play.
I don't know about that, but I appreciate it's a certain perspective. As I say, in this case De Fanti was shit, if that's what he did it's because he is an idiot who used to be an agent, not because he was agent.

Last edited:

I know very well who he was, why are you attempting to defend the appointment of that idiot?

I don't know about that, but I appreciate it's a certain perspective. As I say, in this case De Fanti was shit, if that's what he did it's because he is an idiot who used to be an agent, not because he was agent.

I totally disagree , it is exactly the problem for the reasons I stated, he would only sign players from certain agents, which is borderline corrupt really

I totally disagree , it is exactly the problem for the reasons I stated, he would only sign players from certain agents, which is borderline corrupt really
I don't see how you can necessarily say that is inevitable. If he knew what he was doing and had those connections it could only help facilitate being informed of potential deals and getting access to ones for players the scouts and club identify. Who is to say he would only have dealt with a limited amount of agents anyway? They could know dozens.

By the same token, managers often sign players from their former clubs or players they know, look at Roy Keane. You could say that is corrupt too, probably is, what it is inept. If Roy Keane only signs Irish and former Man United/ Celtic players, or De Fanti only signs players from his mates it makes them shit at their job. This is far from inevitable though, just because Keane largely signed from those sources, you can't extrapolate and say it's inevitable that all former players who are now managers will.

I don't see how you can necessarily say that is inevitable. If he knew what he was doing and had those connections it could only help facilitate being informed of potential deals and getting access to ones for players the scouts and club identify. Who is to say he would only have dealt with a limited amount of agents anyway? They could know dozens.

By the same token, managers often sign players from their former clubs or players they know, look at Roy Keane. You could say that is corrupt too, probably is, what it is inept. If Roy Keane only signs Irish and former Man United/ Celtic players, or De Fanti only signs players from his mates it makes them shit at their job. This is far from inevitable though, just because Keane largely signed from those sources, you can't extrapolate and say it's inevitable that all former players who are now managers will.

Yes but Roy Keane has won 10 titles ad the european cup

So although he got it wrong sometimes, you are more likely to trust his judgement on a player

Di Fanti is not singing players because he thinks they are good, he is signing them off his 2 agents mates

That is the point, he wasn't well informed at all, it is border line corrupt because you could imagine one of his mates saying if you take cabral or roberge etc, i'll make it worth your while.

Yes but Roy Keane has won 10 titles ad the european cup

So although he got it wrong sometimes, you are more likely to trust his judgement on a player

Di Fanti is not singing players because he thinks they are good, he is signing them off his 2 agents mates

That is the point, he wasn't well informed at all, it is border line corrupt because you could imagine one of his mates saying if you take cabral or roberge etc, i'll make it worth your while.
Fair enough, that was because he's shit and an idiot.

I'll repost here what I've posted on the other similar thread:

What a great new topic.

For the umpteenth time:
He says he did not get any of his targets.
Evidence says he didn't get any of his targets.
Some will say he had some control.
Some other will support his version.
Some will quote him on Ki and some other player I can't remember to prove he had some control.
Most will agree to blame Di Fanti.
Other will blame Short and a poor budget. Numbers on net spend will be shown.
Some will say Di Fanti has not spoken on the subject yet and hence we don't know his side of the story.

Reality is we'll probably never know or that it will be years before

do you really think any bans or fines are going to be handed out? i doubt it.

Transfer bans and fines will be the result for first time offenders, bans wont come in to it for a few years and then only for confirmed pisstakers like City and PSG. Every club under UEFAs jurisdiction who have abided by the rules could theoretically sue Platinis mob if they do nowt.

I will not be holding my breath for sanctions against PSG, given platini's son is on their payroll.
Every other club in UEFAs patch could sue them if they do nowt though. Thats a hellluva lot of teams.

Transfer bans and fines will be the result for first time offenders, bans wont come in to it for a few years and then only for confirmed pisstakers like City and PSG. Every club under UEFAs jurisdiction who have abided by the rules could theoretically sue Platinis mob if they do nowt.

Every other club in UEFAs patch could sue them if they do nowt though. Thats a hellluva lot of teams.
We shall see Marra. I predict FFP will not be worth the paper it was written on.

Top clubs may. However, nobody from 7th down is. The only club I can see who are flagrant in their ignoring ffp rules are Fulham and they are a basket case from a wage perspective - and also had Al Fayed clear their debts shortly before selling. Look at a club like Stoke (who've spent way beyond the size of their club due to the generosity of Peter Coates). They completely turned the taps off in the summer. We aren't the exception in what we've done. We are the norm. We just have more extreme structural problems.

Last time the financial tables were out Fulham were virtually neck and neck with us.

Roberge and Diakite had both come in out the cold 2 days earlier v Everton and were probably shattered after 4 months of being frozen out, plus the Doss was left back, recipie for disaster!

Good point re time given to "flops" , how many poor games have the mainstays had, for months on end sometimes, but they dont usually get written off.

It frustrates me that we have spent so much money, when the likes of Da Silva, Riveros, stacks of others come in and just never get a good run, but then the ones we spend bigger money on often arent better.

Spend the money on the spine of the team, and the likes of McClean, Meyler, Elmo, would be perfectly decent squad players.

Of course Jozy, Connor, Graham, Fletcher,Flo show big money guarantees nothing but it should work if we do our research.

If we go down then next season we wont HAVE to sell Mannone, Brown, OShea, Cattermole, Bridcutt, Johnson, Fletcher, Wickham. Theres a spine reet there thats good enough to bounce straight back. Sell Altidore, Graham, Giacci, Diakite, Roberge, Alfie etc and use the money to buy a RB, LB & RM. Sorted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back