PDC / Di Fanti's signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with that, mind. My suspicion is that Poyet put every single signing who didn't have previous prem experience on the outer - believing that he didn't have the time to integrate them. Even with some of the ones who remained (mainly thinking of Altidore) I think it was clear that they were not first choice - something that undoubtedly contributed to the fracturing of an already fragile ego.

Take Cabral as another example. His ratio of one good game and one bad game is hardly worse that we've seen from Colback, Larsson or even Catts over the years. And Diakite and Roberge have hardly produced a proportionally greater amount of howlers this season than John O'Shea. Even now we are seeing what happens with perseverence as Scocco and Vergini begin to show glimpses of what they are capable of. I can see why Poyet chose to do what he did. At the end of the day he needed a short cut to get us going and Prem experience was always going to be the way to go to achieve that. However I think that leaves us in a position where it is difficult to make a true value judgement of the quality (or lack of) of the the players brought in last summer.
Yep

Your a f***ing top class goon if you even suggest the bloke with inward rollong 45 degree angled feet has shown moments of quality diakete has to be the worst player ive seen at sunderland hands down

Everton away, villa at home, solid as a rock, v tough forwards in benteke and lukaku who had absolutely torn bramble, o shea apart in previous times.

Only conceded 1 goal due to a midfield error, and won some fantastic last ditch tackles when benteke was in on goal that showed pace, strength and timing.

Hardly a rolls royce on the ball, but there are qualities there, that would fit some teams, including his current team who are going for champions league.

Your a f***ing top class goon if you even suggest the bloke with inward rollong 45 degree angled feet has shown moments of quality diakete has to be the worst player ive seen at sunderland hands down
Everton, Southampton away, Kidderminster home all excellent games off the top of my head. Liverpool and half of serie A were after him. You know best of course.

which shows you that short can spend when he wants to. not very often like, i bet that put a dent in his billions....

Which shows you that Short could (past tense) do it, yes. Problem is the new FFP rules and the sheer volume of cash wasted by Keane, Bruce, Quinn and MON left us pinned against the wall with very little room for manoeuvre by the time last summer came.

Everton away, villa at home, solid as a rock, v tough forwards in benteke and lukaku who had absolutely torn bramble, o shea apart in previous times.

Only conceded 1 goal due to a midfield error, and won some fantastic last ditch tackles when benteke was in on goal that showed pace, strength and timing.

Hardly a rolls royce on the ball, but there are qualities there, that would fit some teams, including his current team who are going for champions league.
Great reader of the game. Safc fans would rather have wes brown flying in late.

Which shows you that Short could (past tense) do it, yes. Problem is the new FFP rules and the sheer volume of cash wasted by Keane, Bruce, Quinn and MON left us pinned against the wall with very little room for manoeuvre by the time last summer came.

got an overall net spend under all those managers, have you?

Agree with that, mind. My suspicion is that Poyet put every single signing who didn't have previous prem experience on the outer - believing that he didn't have the time to integrate them. Even with some of the ones who remained (mainly thinking of Altidore) I think it was clear that they were not first choice - something that undoubtedly contributed to the fracturing of an already fragile ego.

Take Cabral as another example. His ratio of one good game and one bad game is hardly worse that we've seen from Colback, Larsson or even Catts over the years. And Diakite and Roberge have hardly produced a proportionally greater amount of howlers this season than John O'Shea. Even now we are seeing what happens with perseverence as Scocco and Vergini begin to show glimpses of what they are capable of. I can see why Poyet chose to do what he did. At the end of the day he needed a short cut to get us going and Prem experience was always going to be the way to go to achieve that. However I think that leaves us in a position where it is difficult to make a true value judgement of the quality (or lack of) of the the players brought in last summer.

Excellent post marra.
OShea has 15yrs worth of PL experience on the other fellers and he still looks shite 75% of the time. I bet the other three (Vergini/Roberge/Diakite) earned less between them at their last job per week than he does at SAFC. SAFC were obviously under instruction to cut their cloth with new scissors last summer. I dont think any of em were brought in to be immediate first team players and will all be on Kilgallen type wages not Browns, OSheas, Brambles, Turners or even Cuellar sized wedges.
A lot of last summers buys were bought in as backups and werent expected to learn on the job. The inability of the club to oust the OOCs has created a perfect storm of shitness when added to PDCs bad man management and JoS's rapid deteriation. If Brown had remained injured we wouldve been down before the JAnuary transfer window was up.
If it aint a mess then itll do till one gets here.

Who gives a firk about FFP? All big clubs will be exploiting loopholes, sponsored by their owners companies.

got an overall net spend under all those managers, have you?
What the fuck has net spend got to do with anything Steve? A meaningless figure made up by the press in the complete absence of real information. A series of guesses of the transfer fees involved in deals where the details are completely undisclosed. A seried of facile plus and minus numbers that take no account of agents fees, signing on fees or any other costs associated with transfers. What matters is the £30m defecit in each years annual accounts and the 80% wage to turnover ratio that has bought us a squad of plodders who've taken us to the abyss. Now tell me that Keane, Bruce, Quinn and MON didn't waste the pot of gold we've been waiting for for generations.

We are in the position we are in because of arse clowns like diakete.

Pure brainless freakshow.

Yous talk more shit than allen pardew. He may be good on fifa but in real life hes total shit. Hence the reason he was farmed straight out on lone

Who gives a firk about FFP? All big clubs will be exploiting loopholes, sponsored by their owners companies.

short wont spend the cash when we need it. we could have kicked on when we had bent, but we decided to sell. not the first time we've been in this position

What the fuck has net spend got to do with anything Steve? A meaningless figure made up by the press in the complete absence of real information. A series of guesses of the transfer fees involved in deals where the details are completely undisclosed. A seried of facile plus and minus numbers that take no account of agents fees, signing on fees or any other costs associated with transfers. What matters is the £30m defecit in each years annual accounts and the 80% wage to turnover ratio that has bought us a squad of plodders who've taken us to the abyss. Now tell me that Keane, Bruce, Quinn and MON didn't waste the pot of gold we've been waiting for for generations.

it has everything to do with it, you know, money in, money out, add it all up= profit or loss. its not f***ing hard like

ES does as he was the prime instigator of the PLs version of it. He cant be seen to cheat his wasy around it. The UEFA FFP decisions on the 76 clubs theyve been investigating are to be announced on Tuesday iirc. Now that should be fun.

ES does as he was the prime instigator of the PLs version of it. He cant be seen to cheat his wasy around it. The UEFA FFP decisions on the 76 clubs theyve been investigating are to be announced on Tuesday iirc. Now that should be fun.

do you really think any bans or fines are going to be handed out? i doubt it.

Everton, Southampton away, Kidderminster home all excellent games off the top of my head. Liverpool and half of serie A were after him. You know best of course.

With the new signings, they were clearly brought in n a budget much lower than the ones they replaced.

I think Diakite and Roberge are not so bad, given their cost , and could be worked with.

I think the reasonable argument against them and Di Fanti's policy is, 3-4 big money/top players would have been money better spent than 1.5 on DMK, 3M on Mavrias, 4M on Scocco,

Both Roberge and Diakite dont seem particularly worse than OShea to me. Brown is the only one who doesnt look shite when played alongside him, mebbes cos hes had 15yrs experience of it and speaks the same language. Bobby Moore and Franz Beckanbaur wouldve struggled marra.

Agree for most of that, but I've rarely seen a performance like Diakite's at this level like he showed at Cardiff, it set the tone for the complete incompetence we showed early on that day. Roberge isn't the strongest, but maybe needed time and games to adjust. We do need to give players time though, we've given plenty to others who haven't been up to it.

With the new signings, they were clearly brought in n a budget much lower than the ones they replaced.

I think Diakite and Roberge are not so bad, given their cost , and could be worked with.

I think the reasonable argument against them and Di Fanti's policy is, 3-4 big money/top players would have been money better spent than 1.5 on DMK, 3M on Mavrias, 4M on Scocco,
SAFC wanted a cheaper squad. Trouble is they couldn't move on the likes of Bardsley and Graham cos they are shite and on top dollar.

Top clubs may. However, nobody from 7th down is. The only club I can see who are flagrant in their ignoring ffp rules are Fulham and they are a basket case from a wage perspective - and also had Al Fayed clear their debts shortly before selling. Look at a club like Stoke (who've spent way beyond the size of their club due to the generosity of Peter Coates). They completely turned the taps off in the summer. We aren't the exception in what we've done. We are the norm. We just have more extreme structural problems.

I will not be holding my breath for sanctions against PSG, given platini's son is on their payroll.

Agree for most of that, but I've rarely seen a performance like Diakite's at this level like he showed at Cardiff, it set the tone for the complete incompetence we showed early on that day. Roberge isn't the strongest, but maybe needed time and games to adjust. We do need to give players time though, we've given plenty to others who haven't been up to it.

Roberge and Diakite had both come in out the cold 2 days earlier v Everton and were probably shattered after 4 months of being frozen out, plus the Doss was left back, recipie for disaster!

Good point re time given to "flops" , how many poor games have the mainstays had, for months on end sometimes, but they dont usually get written off.

It frustrates me that we have spent so much money, when the likes of Da Silva, Riveros, stacks of others come in and just never get a good run, but then the ones we spend bigger money on often arent better.

Spend the money on the spine of the team, and the likes of McClean, Meyler, Elmo, would be perfectly decent squad players.

Of course Jozy, Connor, Graham, Fletcher,Flo show big money guarantees nothing but it should work if we do our research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back