PDC / Di Fanti's signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
If/when we go down, next season will be where we really start to see the signings made during the Di Canio spell come into the team and perform. It will be just what they need, have a good season in the championship playing together then come back up as a better team for it.
Players like Diakite, Roberge, Ba, Mavrias will have to step up and perform and IMO they will do well in that league

We deserve to go down. Deserve to be punished for the self harm inflicted on us by the decision to recruit DiCanio and a football agent as DoF. Hopefully Mavrias and Ba will prove the exception and give us something back next year I expect the others to go in the summer.

Not really a redeeming feature though is it?
No but as has been said we've been on the slide for a while and FFP has had a big effect and constricted what we were able to do, just a pity our big money signings (Giach, Jozy) have had little effect at the sharp end, the freebies and kids were always a massive gamble and Paolo's misguided way of trying to oust the established players who were obviously far to comfortable in the first team, it hasn't worked...

We deserve to go down. Deserve to be punished for the self harm inflicted on us by the decision to recruit DiCanio and a football agent as DoF. Hopefully Mavrias and Ba will prove the exception and give us something back next year I expect the others to go in the summer.
Why is it that people criticise the decision to "bring a football agent in as director of football", yet when Quinn brought Walton in because he knew some people at Barclays or something and Milliband came because he might meet some people or something, it was fine?

You need to have someone at the club who is well connected to and can speak with agents, they are what moves/ controls football these days. To pretend that isn't the case and bury one's head in the sand is pointless.

Not sure many of those signings have been given a fair crack of the whip tbf, possibly due to language problems or not being in the clique. Mavrias, karlsson, diakite, celustka have shown moments of quality.

Why is it that people criticise the decision to "bring a football agent in as director of football", yet when Quinn brought Walton in because he knew some people at Barclays or something and Milliband came because he might meet some people or something, it was fine?

You need to have someone at the club who is well connected to and can speak with agents, they are what moves/ controls football these days. To pretend that isn't the case and bury one's head in the sand is pointless.

Aye it went well I have to say :lol:

Not sure many of those signings have been given a fair crack of the whip tbf, possibly due to language problems or not being in the clique. Mavrias, karlsson, diakite, celustka have shown moments of quality.
Your a f***ing top class goon if you even suggest the bloke with inward rollong 45 degree angled feet has shown moments of quality diakete has to be the worst player ive seen at sunderland hands down

The team before them under MoN were on the way down aswell....and the one under Bruce and Keane. It was only a matter of time really....

Absolutely. Bruce's summer signings. Astonishingly bad and leaving us with a squad lacking any pace whatsoever but that's OK MOM will sort that out by buying Cuellar, Fletcher and Graham :neutral:. However that's OK we will get the next managerial decision right and do so by bringing in PDC and a DoF model that brings in 14 substandard players on top of a squad of substandard players and people on here are defending the decision. You couldn't make it up. You are right though it has been a slow process to the inevitable.

Agree with that, mind. My suspicion is that Poyet put every single signing who didn't have previous prem experience on the outer - believing that he didn't have the time to integrate them. Even with some of the ones who remained (mainly thinking of Altidore) I think it was clear that they were not first choice - something that undoubtedly contributed to the fracturing of an already fragile ego.

Take Cabral as another example. His ratio of one good game and one bad game is hardly worse that we've seen from Colback, Larsson or even Catts over the years. And Diakite and Roberge have hardly produced a proportionally greater amount of howlers this season than John O'Shea. Even now we are seeing what happens with perseverence as Scocco and Vergini begin to show glimpses of what they are capable of. I can see why Poyet chose to do what he did. At the end of the day he needed a short cut to get us going and Prem experience was always going to be the way to go to achieve that. However I think that leaves us in a position where it is difficult to make a true value judgement of the quality (or lack of) of the the players brought in last summer.

Your a f***ing top class goon if you even suggest the bloke with inward rollong 45 degree angled feet has shown moments of quality diakete has to be the worst player ive seen at sunderland hands down

Both Roberge and Diakite dont seem particularly worse than OShea to me. Brown is the only one who doesnt look shite when played alongside him, mebbes cos hes had 15yrs experience of it and speaks the same language. Bobby Moore and Franz Beckanbaur wouldve struggled marra.

My fear is when we go down, some of the crap we are carrying will perform better in that division and if we come straight back up (dont think we will) we will hang onto them.

Aye it went well I have to say :lol:
Who knows what went wrong; him, the scouts,whatever, clearly it was a monumental fuck up. Either way my point is that he wasn't the wrong guy because he was an agent, he was just wrong. Yet people assert some kind of moral superiority as soon as they hear the word "agent", like they are all useless morons who serve no purpose;rightly or wrongly they are a major factor in the modern game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back