Paul Scholes, ITV

Status
Not open for further replies.

he doesn't take himself too seriously I think, unless I have horribly misjudged the whole situation which is also possible.

He's a self proclaimed "character" who thinks he has great 'bantz' etc

In reality, he's yet another dull bellend .... imo of course.

Keane said Scholes has a nasty side, his tackling was certainly one which he got away with because he was Paul Scholes and LOL he can't tackle bless him and as a pundit he does seem to be arrogant.

Okay, so I can see the benefits of getting an ex-player and thorough supporter of a rival club to be a pundit on the show.

But berating their fans and wearing a tie with the rival club colours, is that a bit far?

If Shearer did coverage on a Sunderland game and started saying how our fans need to start 'doing their part' in a black and white tie, I'd be fuming.

Thoughts?

he's right about their fans.

they're underwhelming

Perhaps if the attendances offended him that much he could have paid for a few hundred tickets for some people who work every hour just to feed themselves, instead of pissing it away on watching 22 millionaires kick a ball about? just a thought

Kept repeating himself, and when he was talking he couldn't sit still

Okay, so I can see the benefits of getting an ex-player and thorough supporter of a rival club to be a pundit on the show.

But berating their fans and wearing a tie with the rival club colours, is that a bit far?

If Shearer did coverage on a Sunderland game and started saying how our fans need to start 'doing their part' in a black and white tie, I'd be fuming.

Thoughts?
Shearers a wanker anyway so I wouldn't expect anything less. Imagine how the mags felt when Quinny commentated on the derby, kept referring to the lads as us and cheered when we scored.

I'm sick of pundits who just sit and meekly never express an original opinion just to protect this horrible Sky Sports Super Sunday Americanised WWE Sellout 'Brand' that is now football. The more pundits who say it like they see it the better as far as I'm concerned- if he's biased as fuck, so what. It's difficult not to be biased about any football discussion if you've followed it for any length of time.

I tend not to watch much punditry, but he comes across as poor. Might know what he’s talking about but can’t get his point over very well. Trying hard to be controversial as well. Assume he’s bored in his retirement as he always steered well clear of the limelight in his playing days.

Shearer always seemed to go out of his way not to offend, I assume he wants a long term job on MOTD so treads so carefully not to be accused of anti SAFC bias at times he has seemed almost pro SAFC.

Think I'd be quite happy, being at the match watching my team as champions playing in the champions league would probably make up for it!
This. If we had won the league and were playing in the following seasons Champions League I wouldn't give a monkeys what Shearer said, to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back