Paul Heckingbottom (managerial suggestion)

Only a week ago he was being labeled "dumb" (or he was the dumber of the duo). One win and suddenly he's a genuine contender for head coach.
There are several people on this forum. We’re arnt a bee colony with a hive mind.

Ive always liked Dodds. He’s rated very highly by the players and the most talented teenager England has produced in my lifetime sites him as a massive influence. Heard Proc’s a decent coach too. Had the roughest of deals when we were in league 1.

I massively rate Hanks opinion 9 times out of 10 but this will be one of them I disagree with.

My understanding is this place is for debate, so stop being wierd.

There are several people on this forum. We’re arnt a bee colony with a hive mind.

Ive always liked Dodds. He’s rated very highly by the players and the most talented teenager England has produced in my lifetime sites him as a massive influence. Heard Proc’s a decent coach too. Had the roughest of deals when we were in league 1.

I massively rate Hanks opinion 9 times out of 10 but this will be one of them I disagree with.

Not trying to rock the boat mate but the bit about that you have always liked Dodds isn't exactly true.

For all he got promoted last season I can’t really pin a style of play to them. They had a few good midfielders and the foreign lad at the back who scored v us down there was a cracking player. But not sure what his strengths would be to improve us

I'm pretty sure Hank's reaction could reasonably be described as a knee jerk, It's my view that people supporting the appointment of Dodds based on next to nowt are reacting in much the same fashion.

Too old, his name sounds like someone off the last of summer wine and not trendy
Nowt wrang wi' Compo Heckingbottom, Vauxhall, la. David Batty speaks highly of him, I believe....
I heard from a mate yesterday; "Mowbray's days are numbered, watch this space!" Of course, rumours always abound when things aren't great, but with Speakman maybe favouring a younger coach and Heckingbottom's sacking expected to be confirmed within hours, could the ex-Sunderland youth plabe about to come home? Coincidence?
Has your mate heard anything about Mowbray's replacement by any chance, Bob, la?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Hank's reaction could reasonably be described as a knee jerk, It's my view that people supporting the appointment of Dodds based on next to nowt are reacting in much the same fashion.
Well then finding nemo…. You’d be wrong about me then wouldn’t ya. For what it’s worth I think you’re wrong about Hank too. The team preformed abysmally for the few games they managed in league 1 so people basing their opinion on that is understandable.

I see Dodds and Proctor as a massive asset for the club. Have done for a long time based on mainly player feedback internally and externally of the club.

Someone named after a fish making silly assumptions ain’t gunna change this stubborn old man’s mind.

Well then finding nemo…. You’d be wrong about me then wouldn’t ya. For what it’s worth I think you’re wrong about Hank too. The team preformed abysmally for the few games they managed in league 1 so people basing their opinion on that is understandable.

I see Dodds and Proctor as a massive asset for the club. Have done for a long time based on mainly player feedback internally and externally of the club.

Someone named after a fish making silly assumptions ain’t gunna change this stubborn old man’s mind.
INot too long ago you were posting Dodds should be sectioned and calling for him to be sacked. 😂

Back