Our survival rests on Fulham v Hull I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Villa stop on 35 points, there gd will obviously plummet.

3 of the 5 sides below them would have to get to 35/36 for them to go down. Its possible and would be hilarious like but I doubt 3 are capable.
Swans, Man C and Spurs away. Only Hull at home. Don't beat Hull???

Yeah, but, we've strung three back to back wins together on a number of occasions this season. What our season shows is that when we win one, we tend to win two or three on the bounce.

Our season doesn’t show that at all. We’ve only one 2 “on the bounce” once this season, against Stoke and Newcastle. Most of our wins have been followed by a defeat, and we’ve never won 3 “on the bounce”. Keep smoking your crack pipe, I’m afraid we need the teams above us to drop points (and lots of them).

Our season doesn’t show that at all. We’ve only one 2 “on the bounce” once this season, against Stoke and Newcastle. Most of our wins have been followed by a defeat, and we’ve never won 3 “on the bounce”. Keep smoking your crack pipe, I’m afraid we need the teams above us to drop points (and lots of them).

You tosser, Ive spent 10 minutes checking that only for you to type it! ;)

Agree though. The only other winning run we`ve had this season is League 1 Carlisle, Man Utd in the Cup and Fulham ie 1 league win.

W
L
W
D

is an outcome id take now and would be fitting of our season.

Carlisle, Man Utd, Fulham and Kidderminster, Stoke, Newcastle. Newcastle, Hull, Man City, Southampton was 3 wins in 4 games. There was the run of five unbeaten too. Our season has been typified by streaks where we've lost loads on the bounce with little windows of win sequences. I'll bet you say that Cup games don't count, though.

P.S. Fuck off with your crack pipe bollocks.

- We haven't, we've also had some patches of playing well, the only teams that deserve to get relegated are the ones that actually go down
- and surprise results also helped get us in the shit in the first place, if defeats to lower clubs weren't surprises, there wouldn't have been so much criticism
- the 'lazy' thing is obviously shite, or they would have given up before City and Chelsea, where they all put a shift in despite having been written off by most pundits and people on here, as they did against Liverpool, West Ham, Everton etc, saying it is just lazy thinking

The final league table does indeed tell the story - and I still think its most likely to tell the story that we've been one of the three worst in the division unfortunately.
Which surprise defeats have we suffered? Not that many of the defeats have surprised me to be honest, although the attitude in certain performances has been surprising at times.
Lazy comment is aimed at the fact that quite a few of our players appear to believe that they are better than they actually are and have not worked hard enough on or off the field of play to make up for their deficiencies.

I certainly hope we manage to scrape the wins together to prove ourselves to be the 4th WORST team in the division, but no matter what outcome, this summer I am looking forward to the departure of a large number of our squad.

Our season does not hinge on this game. I can categorically state if we stay up or go down I won't be looking back saying "Wow it only happened this way because of the Fulham Hull clash in April"

Also the amazing fact we have had 2 separate horror runs picking up 1 point in 8 and are still in with a chance proves we can go on positive runs when in a bit of form.

Absolutely.

Also, who do you think Bruce would prefer to go down - us or Fulham ?

Home banker - pile on
He will not want Hull to go down and as I said they are far from being safe, if Fulham win and a few below hull win they will be in real danger of going down and fatty will know this, a Hull win or a draw.

I know one thing, if we go down on goal difference or because of 1 point I 'll be blaming that baldy arsehole Howard cheating twat Webb.

Would you take this table before the final round if it were given to you?

16. WBA 34p -13
17. Cardiff 34p -28
----------------------------
18. Sunderland 33p -24
19. Norwich 33p -28
20. Fulham 31p -42

Sunderland - Swansea
Norwich - Arsenal
Cardiff - Chelsea
Fulham - Palace
WBA - Stoke

16. WBA 34p -13
17. Cardiff 34p -28
18. Sunderland 33p -24
19. Norwich 33p -28
20. Fulham 31p -42

Sunderland - Swansea
Norwich - Arsenal
Cardiff - Chelsea
Fulham - Palace
WBA - Stoke

No, Chelsea, Arsenal, Palace and Stoke players will have their minds on boarding easy jet to Ibiza.

16. WBA 34p -13
17. Cardiff 34p -28
18. Sunderland 33p -24
19. Norwich 33p -28
20. Fulham 31p -42

Sunderland - Swansea
Norwich - Arsenal
Cardiff - Chelsea
Fulham - Palace
WBA - Stoke
Aye