Our Bros at Feyenoord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this love in reciprocated?

I sometimes feel like the uncool geezer trying to knock about with the ladies man @safcfeyenoord
There's loads of them come over for the derby game and certainly a smaller group that come over half a dozen times a season to watch us. You can't read it properly on that video, but the st George flag that the camera goes past early in the video, is a tribute to Gary breeds, who was a Sunderland lad that passed away, saying "gazza breeds legends live forever". Not sure it's common knowledge to all and every feyenoord fan, but it won't be to every Sunderland fan. Certainly a connection though, more than just a passing interest between a handful anyway. Feyenoord mackems flag on show for everyone of their home games as well. Sure someone had a few pictures on here, of when they went over and there was a few flags with Sunderland references in them around the ground.

There's loads of them come over for the derby game and certainly a smaller group that come over half a dozen times a season to watch us. You can't read it properly on that video, but the st George flag that the camera goes past early in the video, is a tribute to Gary breeds, who was a Sunderland lad that passed away, saying "gazza breeds legends live forever". Not sure it's common knowledge to all and every feyenoord fan, but it won't be to every Sunderland fan. Certainly a connection though, more than just a passing interest between a handful anyway. Feyenoord mackems flag on show for everyone of their home games as well. Sure someone had a few pictures on here, of when they went over and there was a few flags with Sunderland references in them around the ground.

It's not but likewise us, it does seem to be growing every year though.

Here's a few:

Feyenoord vs PSV, a couple of year ago
Logon or register to see this image

Feyenoord vs Ajax last season

Feyenoord vs Heerenveen last season

As a Sparta fan where do I fit in with this?

Awaits Gladiator fillum fan references etc.:oops:

Are you a club card holder at Sparta?

I've just found a Wearside Rotterdam sticker someone gave me at QPR And decided to look them up - they are having a much better season than us. I'd love to go out there one day.

Me and three lads are heading to Holland in Feb to watch Feynoord and pop to PSV. Nice long weekend on the piss.

Are tickets easy to come by? Also, we plan to do some pre match drinking, any suggestions?

It's not but likewise us, it does seem to be growing every year though.

Here's a few:

Feyenoord vs PSV, a couple of year ago

Feyenoord vs Ajax last season

Feyenoord vs Heerenveen last season

Are you a club card holder at Sparta?

was just about to say the hand in hand flag belongs to @forzamilansafc then I noticed it's you that has posted the photos. :lol:

Me and three lads are heading to Holland in Feb to watch Feynoord and pop to PSV. Nice long weekend on the piss.

Are tickets easy to come by? Also, we plan to do some pre match drinking, any suggestions?

Depends on the game, it shouldn't be a problem though.

The hide away (must visit) and Varkenoord are the places to go for a drink. Varkenoord is the clubs training ground which is opposite De Kuip, turns into a pre match drinking area on a matchday.

Depends on the game, it shouldn't be a problem though.

The hide away (must visit) and Varkenoord are the places to go for a drink. Varkenoord is the clubs training ground which is opposite De Kuip, turns into a pre match drinking area on a matchday.

The Cafe Cosy Corner, which is a 15 minute walk over the railway bridge, is canny too. I was in there on Sunday with a few other Sunderland lads from Shields & Hexham. Behind the Varkenoord there's an amateur club (RVD I think) who open their clubhouse when Feyenoord are at home too. Only found out about it on the day. Gets busy but nowhere near what the Varkenoord was like on Sunday.

Just before KO on Sunday.

The Cafe Cosy Corner, which is a 15 minute walk over the railway bridge, is canny too. I was in there on Sunday with a few other Sunderland lads from Shields & Hexham. Behind the Varkenoord there's an amateur club (RVD I think) who open their clubhouse when Feyenoord are at home too. Only found out about it on the day. Gets busy but nowhere near what the Varkenoord was like on Sunday.

Just before KO on Sunday.

Did you get the boat/fly across to Amsterdam and then get the train to Rotterdame? What was the cost?

Did you stay in Rotterdam?

Is it just me who thinks those clips vs ajax look staggeringly like our place vs the mags? I've been to a fair few dutch games (not feyenoord though) and always found it the most english like build up/atmosphere on the continent but that's a different level right there .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back