Only one defeat in five.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totally agree mate.

Beat stoke in the cup and then take 4 pts from the two home games, and it's been a good start

Including 3 away games . Heh things are looking up , steady progress . Well done gus and the lads.

It's who the defeat was to that is the problem. A side that will be around about us come the end of the season. The same problem as we had last season. We have to BEAT the likes of Qpr and Burnley or we'll struggle. No other way

It's who the defeat was to that is the problem. A side that will be around about us come the end of the season. The same problem as we had last season. We have to BEAT the likes of Qpr and Burnley or we'll struggle. No other way
Hmm, at home I'd absolutely agree. Away, it's preferable to beat them but a point isn't the end of the world from today.

We have to beat them at home.

Away, we need to draw - and we've managed that at WBA and Burnley, so to manage it at 2 out of the 3 i'd pick to go down isn't a bad return.

If we pick up the wins against those sorts of teams at home, and continue to draw away, we'll be comfortable, which is more than we've been able to say for a few years now

Hmm, at home I'd absolutely agree. Away, it's preferable to beat them but a point isn't the end of the world from today.

I agree that a point away to the clarets isn't too bad - a loss would have been bad. I just don't want to see us f***ing about with 1-0 defeats and draws with similar ranking clubs. We need to start picking up wins - and soon

I agree that a point away to the clarets isn't too bad - a loss would have been bad. I just don't want to see us f***ing about with 1-0 defeats and draws with similar ranking clubs. We need to start picking up wins - and soon

'cos when we're at Wembley again this year I don't want to be worrying about relegation!! :lol:

Whilst I admire your positivity, it's not good enough.

I actually want to finish at least mid table.

And although today is a little disappointing, a point helps towards that goal of finishing in mid table.

In the past we would have rolled over against teams around us , but at both Burnley and WBA we got a point (we also should have got a point at QPR as well!).

Take 4 pts off the teams around us over the course of the season and we will be in a healthy position

Don't disagree at all, but I genuinely believe that the last 2 games are ones we'd have lost in the last few seasons. We're still lacking quality in the final third (f***ing hell are we), but we look harder to beat and more organised - I think we'll stay up much more comfortably than seasons gone by. Our home games will be the test, we need to win those against the teams mentioned.

Don't disagree at all, but I genuinely believe that the last 2 games are ones we'd have lost in the last few seasons. We're still lacking quality in the final third (f***ing hell are we), but we look harder to beat and more organised - I think we'll stay up much more comfortably than seasons gone by. Our home games will be the test, we need to win those against the teams mentioned.

totally in harmony with your remarks. We should be well capable of beating the 3 teams who are pinpointed to go down - I hope Newcastle get dragged into it all !! :)

Fingers crossed. Depends if they get rid of fishlips and bring in someone half decent. Pardew IN !!

Do we look well organised though? Despite the sheer weight of numbers acting as defenders we were torn to shreds against Spurs, even a piss poor Burnley created more than enough opportunities to win the game. Their ineptitude and lack of quality saved us today.

Do we look well organised though? Despite the sheer weight of numbers acting as defenders we were torn to shreds against Spurs, even a piss poor Burnley created more than enough opportunities to win the game. Their ineptitude and lack of quality saved us today.
I think we did look well organised apart from after Johnson went off, but struggled at times more due to individual mistakes. I think we look pretty well drilled, if not a bit ineffectual - that we've been hard to beat so far this season can't only be down to other teams being poor over 5 games, it's something we're doing right. We're just not doing enough of the right stuff :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back