One Plus 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aye, Oxygen OS is a bit light in areas.

You can't set a song as a ringtone, is a pain. You need to copy the file into the ringtone folder.

Mine got delivered on Monday. First impressions are it's a steal at the price. Had to download a couple of apps to get the home screen the way I want it but worth it in the end. Only downside is the charger and cable. You can only utilise the dash charge if you use theirs.

how? , with o2 it's £670 over the 2 years,buying outright is £350 just for the phone,£15 per month sim only is £360 for 2 years.

For the lowest contract you only get 500mb data and 500 minutes, it's shit compared to a lot of the sim only deals you can get around

Mine got delivered on Monday. First impressions are it's a steal at the price. Had to download a couple of apps to get the home screen the way I want it but worth it in the end. Only downside is the charger and cable. You can only utilise the dash charge if you use theirs.

This would be front page news with an apple device!! :lol:

What's the battery like? Reviews concern me, battery seems mediocre??

@prehab26 will hate this too as only 1080p screen :eek:
;)

Seems like any other mobile that I've had. I suppose it's up to the person who's using it, and what they're using it for.

BTW predilective txt is superb.

Don't like the wording of this!

It was next day delivery or collect in store so I chose to collect and it told me earliest available date...they better not mess me around :lol:

---

We'll aim to have your order available from: 01/10/16

Once your order is in store, we'll be in touch to let you know what the
collection arrangements are for the day so you can pop in and pick it
up.

Thanks.

O2

For the lowest contract you only get 500mb data and 500 minutes, it's shit compared to a lot of the sim only deals you can get around
Well you'd just pay a bit more per month,still not bad for the spec especially if you haven't got the £350 up front. My plus 2 was only £250 upfront

@prehab26 will hate this too as only 1080p screen :eek:
;)

The Oneplus 3 charger/cable have to be different because the technology needs 7 pins between charger and phone. They didn't just do it to intentionally create incompatibility and vendor lock in.

Indeed, they've gone out of their way to maintain compatibility. They haven't invented a new, incompatible socket. You can still charge the phone with a normal USB charger and cable. You can still use their enhanced charger/cable to charge other USB charging devices.

If your precious Apple ever did this type of thing it would indeed be headline news. ;)

It's there ready to collect now. Splendid!
I'll go get it tomorrow.

The Oneplus 3 charger/cable have to be different because the technology needs 7 pins between charger and phone. They didn't just do it to intentionally create incompatibility and vendor lock in.

Indeed, they've gone out of their way to maintain compatibility. They haven't invented a new, incompatible socket. You can still charge the phone with a normal USB charger and cable. You can still use their enhanced charger/cable to charge other USB charging devices.

If your precious Apple ever did this type of thing it would indeed be headline news. ;)

Blah blah blah, blah blah blah etc.

Blah blah blah, blah blah blah etc.
"And when their eloquence escapes you..." ;)

A necessary evil I'm afraid. But you can still charge it fairly quickly on a regular 2.4A charger if you don't want to carry it around.

Oneplus's Dash Charge is actually Oppo's VOOP fast charge technology. Same as on my Oppo R7P, which I've had for a fair while. On that basis I can say it's reliable, doesn't heat the battery too much (heat dissipation occurs mainly through the charger which protects battery life), and doesn't cause the battery to lose the ability to hold charge.

I get a full charge in about an hour. Doesn't seem to matter if I'm using the phone at the same time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back