One More Game Left In The North Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd expect it to be up/down, maybe the back 10 rows or so constant standing with the stewards going through the motions telling them to sit down.

I know lads who could only get tickets towards the front of the second tier and they are moving there to stand.

Mate if you are planning on sitting I suggest you ask to be moved from the 'lively singing section' so your enjoyment of the games is not spoilt and so you don't spoil other peoples enjoyment.

Is someone claiming the SWC stands and sings for the whole match? Non stop?

apart from a few rows in the middle id say the swc stands for 90. i also know of a group at the back who never seem to shut up. been owa in amonst that bit for a couple of games

Rather be in the South then getting pelted by shit from the away fans :lol:

Where, the SWC? They're told to sit a couple of times in the first half aye, does it ever work? No, a handful sit just to appease them for a split second then when they've fucked off they stand straight back up. The majority just continue to stand anyway.

Hopefully the stewards back off a little bit as they seem to in other grounds, I just don't know why we seem to have separate rules where our stewards must be seen to be at least trying to do something about it, whereas in other grounds they just let the fans get on with it. If they do get worse though then that's when it'll fail, and I hope the club will be happy with themselves because the whole thing will have just proved to have been a complete waste of time and resources.
The safety committee at Sunderland?

Has any other set of fans had reduced allocation through persistant standing like Man Utd have at sunderland?

I know lads who could only get tickets towards the front of the second tier and they are moving there to stand.

Mate if you are planning on sitting I suggest you ask to be moved from the 'lively singing section' so your enjoyment of the games is not spoilt and so you don't spoil other peoples enjoyment.

he's daft if he thinks only 10 rows will stand imo

What about people who can't sing, shouldn't they turn up?

they should keep away from the 'lively singing' end

Thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't already thought about that. We'll see how it goes. I doubt my OAP dad not being able to stand for the full 90 minutes will spoil anyone's enjoyment though.

Thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't already thought about that. We'll see how it goes. I doubt my OAP dad not being able to stand for the full 90 minutes will spoil anyone's enjoyment though.

why any son would take his dar in an end designed to be 'lively' smacks of selfishness and stupidity. especially when loads of 'zanies' (as thats the shite spouted on here) are known to be goin there.

You're bonkers if you think all 40 rows of an entire stand will stand for the full 90 minutes for every match.

id say the majority of the upper part will for def (so at least 20 rows). anyway, it all depends which rows have people insisting on standing cos if you get those people nearer the front the rest will have to stand.

fatties and lazies will look to sit. fit and healthy folk wont cos there is no need :)

why any son would take his dar in an end designed to be 'lively' smacks of selfishness and stupidity. especially when loads of 'zanies' (as thats the shite spouted on here) are known to be goin there.

I can honestly say, other than on here i have never heard the south stand be described as anything other than a singing section. Standing all game is gonna come as a surprise to a lot of people imo.

Wouldn't call the people around me cardboard cut outs like, but not many of them sing much and you end up feeling a bit of a charlie singing on your own.
Was VERY reluctant to move seats and thought about it long and hard. Have some really good craic every match and like the people around me. Whether they feel the feel the same about me is open to question like.

I'm hoping that this restyled south stand will go someway to addressing this, as long as its not being policed like 1984 by the luminescent coated charlies.

I'll be gutted if the hype and properganda coming from the club about the singing stand doesn't live up to the reality when i get there in August, as will me mates who are moving there with es for similar reasons to me.

Surely Park Maverick moving next to you must have hastened your exit? I'll be glad when you go - i'll be able to sleep in peace, seeing as you're the only person who sings next to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back