'Okay not good enough' -gustavo

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's got few options though......strikers who couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo and centre-mids who can only last an hour.

It's difficult for strikers to hit a cows arse with a banjo, when they are handed the parts to assemble a banjo, in the middle of an industrial estate, 5 miles from the nearest cow...

Altidore today mind...he'd have let a cow take the banjo off him, and beat him to death with it!
I think Jozy must have had about 12 touches of the ball, and every one of them was horrific.

You messaged me. You then gave me your name. It's like f***ing Christmas.
:lol:

What a testicle. Wrap it up man you gonk.

Really unbecoming and quite honestly you're showing yourself up as being a bit of a simple twat and above all - a drunken mess tbh.

I've already said keep your bizarre ranting via PM instead of making a massive fool of yourself publicly, but some people are beyond hope i suppose.

And the lesson is children......don't go on public forums when you've had lots to drink/sniff/swallow.

There will be some red faces when people wake from their slumbers today....:lol:

Always smoke and mirrors with this club.....did we have the money for Borini AND Rodwell.....or was the club pulling the wool over our eyes. No-one ever breaks ranks though......the odd grumble of discontent from Gus but by and large they all just seem happy to toe the line and pick their wages up with no real ambition to make anything of the club.

This absolute bollocks again, about the club having a big pot of gold marked "TRANSFER BUDGET" with Lee Congerton cast as Monty Brewster. Just because the club was apparently willing to spend >£10m on Borini doesn't mean they had £10m knocking about and which they would just spend on whatever is best available at that price. It means they had - rightly or wrongly - judged that paying that fee for Fabio Borini was a worthwhile investment, just as Ellis Short might have judged spending £20m on, I dunno, Greek government bonds to be a worthwhile investment.

Well he plays one of them in the wrong position, started a new signing last week who wasn't even in the 18 today (injured?), takes our most talented player off at the first sign of trouble and launches substitutes on with no apparent plan which results in total confusion.

You don't need many options to turn Burnley over, having a go in the first instance would be a start.
Spot on

Being measured and controlled doesn't mean you can't have a go. Desperate tactics from him today. He is the manager, it is his team and it is up to him to make it work.
Agree with you. People seem to take 'having a go' as some sort of naive kamikaze football when it doesn't have to be.

Well he plays one of them in the wrong position, started a new signing last week who wasn't even in the 18 today (injured?), takes our most talented player off at the first sign of trouble and launches substitutes on with no apparent plan which results in total confusion.

You don't need many options to turn Burnley over, having a go in the first instance would be a start.

Spot on this. We can move higher up the pitch for a start.

This absolute bollocks again, about the club having a big pot of gold marked "TRANSFER BUDGET" with Lee Congerton cast as Monty Brewster. Just because the club was apparently willing to spend >£10m on Borini doesn't mean they had £10m knocking about and which they would just spend on whatever is best available at that price. It means they had - rightly or wrongly - judged that paying that fee for Fabio Borini was a worthwhile investment, just as Ellis Short might have judged spending £20m on, I dunno, Greek government bonds to be a worthwhile investment.

First of all the club WILL have a big pot marked "transfer budget" and you're naive to think that Short, Congerton and Poyet hadn't discussed it. The issue I'm referring to is whether once Rodwell was signed was the Borini money taken off the table as some people on here claim it was. If it was then the club were a trifle duplicitous in letting fans assume the club could afford to sign both. The lack of any replacement signing suggests that the Rodwell deal was indeed the whole budget and the Alvarez deal will be next summer's budget.....assuming he's any good and assuming we manage to stay up.

No, we aren't playing it currently. He tried it with Wickham and Fletcher and it failed so he's been cobbling something else together by playing wingers and/or advanced midfield players in various combos......It's not what he played last season or wanted to play this imo.
We are certainly playing the same formation. I accept that Gus wanted a specific type of player however I think its a copout to push the blame for us not having one onto the club solely. Had Poyet allowed a broadening of the remit from the start and relaxed his desire to get players he knew - or abandoned the pursuit of Borini earlier - its likely that we would have had a player like that. Besides, its fairly clear that Poyet couldn't have done better himself. He's far too hamstrung by his desire to work with players who are familiar with his methods.

Fundamentally, though, there's no reason that 4-3-3 doesn't work with the types of players we have with little or no adjustment. If Gus is too myopic to get over the failure on Borini and make it work, then he's not the right coach for us.

First of all the club WILL have a big pot marked "transfer budget" and you're naive to think that Short, Congerton and Poyet hadn't discussed it. The issue I'm referring to is whether once Rodwell was signed was the Borini money taken off the table as some people on here claim it was. If it was then the club were a trifle duplicitous in letting fans assume the club could afford to sign both. The lack of any replacement signing suggests that the Rodwell deal was indeed the whole budget and the Alvarez deal will be next summer's budget.....assuming he's any good and assuming we manage to stay up.

Utter nonsense. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back