Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

draper

I was frantically looking for some info regarding your 9-1 win. I was convinced that there was some sort of board interference at the time that saw them pick the team that day over a dispute with the manager. I couldn't find it so I may have been confused about another game.

Anyway, looking at my United we Stand book written by John Gibson, which I have had for years, I came across the following.

The derbies of the early 1900's were always littered with incidents and the following season, on Septemeber 18, 1909, came the horse stabbing affair at Roker Park.

After half an hour's play, with United ahead through a Stewart goal, the excitement became too much at the Fulwell end and the crowd poured on to the pitch stopping play for quarter of an hour. Two policeman on prancing horses attempted to restore order and in the chaos that followed one of the horses was stabbed. YOU EVIL BASTARDS.

I was frantically looking for some info regarding your 9-1 win. I was convinced that there was some sort of board interference at the time that saw them pick the team that day over a dispute with the manager. I couldn't find it so I may have been confused about another game.

Anyway, looking at my United we Stand book written by John Gibson, which I have had for years, I came across the following.

The derbies of the early 1900's were always littered with incidents and the following season, on Septemeber 18, 1909, came the horse stabbing affair at Roker Park.

After half an hour's play, with United ahead through a Stewart goal, the excitement became too much at the Fulwell end and the crowd poured on to the pitch stopping play for quarter of an hour. Two policeman on prancing horses attempted to restore order and in the chaos that followed one of the horses was stabbed. YOU EVIL BASTARDS.

If it was before 92 it never happened

Poor bait and you'll still get countless bites!
Just can't help themselves some on here! :lol:

Last edited:

it was my grandad he n the consett casuals gave the grumbleweeds [ old gremlins ] a real howking on the old venture bus back to consett ... but at the match he thought the horses arse end was super macs grandads crack mistaken identity ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back