• Thread starter Deleted member 5265
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Small point of order Re. Brasil 2014.;)
Holland 5-1 Spain
Brasil 1-7 Germany

The England team? Yes, fecking turgid.
One full game and 25 minutes of the other after which it wasn't worth looking at hardly helps your point. And thrashings almost never make good entertainment anyway.

But I will concede you found 1/32 of the matches at least interesting.

One full game and 25 minutes of the other after which it wasn't worth looking at hardly helps your point. And thrashings almost never make good entertainment anyway.

But I will concede you found 1/32 of the matches at least interesting.

Oooh.... check you out. I raised a small point, Captain f***ing Misery.
I'm not going to argue the toss with you, this thread is probably best left discussing the lasses game only.

What time does the England Japan game start? 12?
Aye, both matches are 12am pal. USA-Germany (great looking game) Tues night / Wed morning. England-Japan Wed night / Thurs morning. That's 2 nights this week where i'll be going to bed at 2am, prob nearer 3 if they either goes to pens.

Will be having a shower the night before and getting all my shit sorted for work the night before to allow me to get up at the latest possible time. Should just about manage 6 hours kip.

Aye, both matches are 12am pal. USA-Germany (great looking game) Tues night / Wed morning. England-Japan Wed night / Thurs morning. That's 2 nights this week where i'll be going to bed at 2am, prob nearer 3 if they either goes to pens.

Will be having a shower the night before and getting all my shit sorted for work the night before to allow me to get up at the latest possible time. Should just about manage 6 hours kip.

Cheers mate. I can manage them but think i'll have to record for the members of my family that are early risers.

It was, mate. Still had a lot to do. Made space for herself nicely and cracking finish, although the keeper isn't positioned particularly well. She hasn't hit it right in the corner so the keeper should really be getting there. But, good finish all the same. Thought she had really good match all round.

Perk of the job, mate. They all get in the steam tub together after the match to wind down. Although the manager looks like he could be gay to me with his cropped head shaved at the sides.

"No Surrender to the IRA" remains absent, and there have been no reports of gangs of women hooligans making a nuisance of themselves.

Logon or register to see this image

Did you watch Australia v Japan? I only ask cos I might download it and watch it.

Did you watch Australia v Japan? I only ask cos I might download it and watch it.

Aye. Wasn't a bad game. Japan had more of the chances first half, but Australia were very much in the game and prob had the best chance. Second half it was more Japan and looked like a case of when they would score as the Aussies were knackered late on. I was kind of wanting them to hold on for 4 more mins as i was wanting extra time.

Could be worth a watch to see Japan before the semi final as a lot of their matches have been on at 2am and 3am so doubt many would have seen much of them so far.

Louise showing her NE roots in her report in the Guardian of Canada - England game

http://www.theguardian.com/football...d-hosts-canada-packing-in-tense-quarter-final

"Perhaps appropriately it all seemed a tiny bit like a Tyne-Wear derby. Which, in a sense it was. While Herdman, and Englishman from Consett in County Durham, is a fanatical Newcastle United fan three key components in Sampson’s starting X1 - Steph Houghton, Bronze and Jill Scott - are similarly enthusiastic Sunderland supporters"

Louise showing her NE roots in her report in the Guardian of Canada - England game

http://www.theguardian.com/football...d-hosts-canada-packing-in-tense-quarter-final

"Perhaps appropriately it all seemed a tiny bit like a Tyne-Wear derby. Which, in a sense it was. While Herdman, and Englishman from Consett in County Durham, is a fanatical Newcastle United fan three key components in Sampson’s starting X1 - Steph Houghton, Bronze and Jill Scott - are similarly enthusiastic Sunderland supporters"
Gerrin. You say 5-1 we say six in a row, six in a row.

2-1, we always win 2-1,we always win 2-1

Good to see a national team doing well with a few links to the north east. Isn't Nobbs from Stockton as well?

One of the attractions of watching the Lasses is that it's a bit more like what the men's game used to be - or what it still is at more grass roots level - yet it's being played out on a major stage.

Not yet have they quite become prima donnas. Not yet have they started to dive, roll three times clutching their head and applying for an Equity card. And the off-pitch photos are of them enjoying the ordinary tourist sites, not downing £10000 bottles of bubbly. For the main they seem honest, hard-working and - dare I say it, 'working class'. I know there are some starting to get advertising contracts, an occasional one has dived for a free kick, and maybe after this World Cup this moment will pass... but for now, I find I lack much of the cynicism I often have for the men's game, and I find that quite nice.

One of the attractions of watching the Lasses is that it's a bit more like what the men's game used to be - or what it still is at more grass roots level - yet it's being played out on a major stage.

Not yet have they quite become prima donnas. Not yet have they started to dive, roll three times clutching their head and applying for an Equity card. And the off-pitch photos are of them enjoying the ordinary tourist sites, not downing £10000 bottles of bubbly. For the main they seem honest, hard-working and - dare I say it, 'working class'. I know there are some starting to get advertising contracts, an occasional one has dived for a free kick, and maybe after this World Cup this moment will pass... but for now, I find I lack much of the cynicism I often have for the men's game, and I find that quite nice.

The very same reason I've enjoyed watching FAWSL 1 games for the past 18 months. It's an easy watch without all the shite that the Premier League has now become.

The very same reason I've enjoyed watching FAWSL 1 games for the past 18 months. It's an easy watch without all the shite that the Premier League has now become.

Nowt to do with your tottiescope being on full alert then, eh?

Reactions: HPK
Gotta say as a neutral, I loved watching England Canada more than the vast majority of men's games. Incredible, honest intensity, no diving, crunching tackles but no faked injuries. Here in the States, we've been behind our girls, as it were, for a couple of decades, so it's not new to watch women's football, but, even here, this is the first WWC where everyone has paid attention to the non-US matches.

Cameroon were tremendously entertaining, capable of stunning brilliance followed by complete mental collapse. Haway All the Lasses! Looking forward to USA England (in the First place match, of course)!

SOME PEOPLE ON HERE TALK RUBBISH .WOMANS GAME HAS CAME ON GREAT IN THE LAST 2 YEARS .HOW MANY OF YOU HAS CASTIGATED THE LADS REGULAR .GIVE THE LASSES THERE DUE .

still enjoying the whole contest.
seen some 'real' tackles going in and the lasses get up and get on with it, unless genuinely hurt of course, there is actually (shock horror for the haters) some decent football at times.
the decision to show the games and give it more publicity could well be down to encouraging more lasses to get into it and i dont see that as a bad thing, after all, they are hardly removing the soaps to allow the games to be seen, are they?

I was ower in Germany when the last WC was on marra and youll nivver be reeter if you live to be a thousand. The whole things a lot more pleasant than the all round nastiness and horriblemess of the mens game. From the pundits through the managers/coaches and refs and players the mens game stinks. Lets be honest the England men players are 90% arseholes who are more interested in their bank accounts than the game itself.
The girls game may one day go that way anarl. after all it didnt take rugby long to get from amateurs playing for their countries then drinking with the opposition an hour later to "bloodgate" when it went pro.

England lashed the eventual winners Japan in the group stage last WC. Jill Scott was ower big for them and iirc she got a WOTM and mebbes a performance of the tournament award for it. Japan are tailor made for England. Ill be having my first ever punt on a wimmens game;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back