Not offside then....

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't offside though. The West Ham players that were anywhere near Pickford'sline of site were easily onside. Anyone who says otherwise is biased and desperate.

Fair enough, I only saw the replays after the incident which suggested the West Ham player was offiside and blocking Pickford's view. If he wasn't offside, fair enough.

I stick by my point though, they should do away with interfering with play etc. if a player is offside, they should be offside, whether they touch the ball or not.

Does anyone even understand the offside rule (including officials)?
How many times were players flagged offside without touching the ball?
but then they wait until they touch it at other times.
It seems to me, the officials can do whatever they want these days.

You're spot on. We got lucky not conceding a penalty. O'Shea needs to stop wrestling players in the box for a start. He does it almost every time he's on the pitch. I don't like singling players out but as long as we have players like him we will struggle.

He's been playing for us for over 4 years and hasn't conceded a penalty yet and he still gets slagged off for 'nearly' giving penalties away. He will one day and there will be a lot of 'told you so's' but how many goals has he stopped over the years by defending that way and not allowing players clean headers?

Does anyone even understand the offside rule (including officials)?
How many times were players flagged offside without touching the ball?
but then they wait until they touch it at other times.
It seems to me, the officials can do whatever they want these days.

Yes most people do and every official does. Its usually the planks that don't that set off threads like this.

You're spot on. We got lucky not conceding a penalty. O'Shea needs to stop wrestling players in the box for a start. He does it almost every time he's on the pitch. I don't like singling players out but as long as we have players like him we will struggle.
We did, aye. There was one corner first half on Saturday where he really manhandled their player.

He's been playing for us for over 4 years and hasn't conceded a penalty yet and he still gets slagged off for 'nearly' giving penalties away. He will one day and there will be a lot of 'told you so's' but how many goals has he stopped over the years by defending that way and not allowing players clean headers?
I'm sorry like but he's still not good enough. 4 years is too long, he seems to have too much say and there's no one queueing to sign him.
The trouble is Kaboul wanted away or he wouldn't be getting a game here.
He may have been a good servant but he's one if the reasons we are still in the mess that we are, along with Catts.
Who by the way, on his day can be class, sadly his days are not very often, partly due to his injuries.

It wasn't offside though. The West Ham players that were anywhere near Pickford'sline of site were easily onside. Anyone who says otherwise is biased and desperate.

I bet if this was one of the top teams conceding that goal in the last minute the ref wouldn't be so quick to give it.

I'm sorry like but he's still not good enough. 4 years is too long, he seems to have too much say and there's no one queueing to sign him.
The trouble is Kaboul wanted away or he wouldn't be getting a game here.
He may have been a good servant but he's one if the reasons we are still in the mess that we are, along with Catts.
Who by the way, on his day can be class, sadly his days are not very often, partly due to his injuries.

WTF. JOS wasn't troubled all afternoon.

It wasn't offside like, clutching at straws.

Just watched it mate...the fella who was offside was Kouyate but he wasn't in play at any time. IF the player in front of Pickford (Calleri i think it was) had been offside then the goal wouldn't have stood.....as it is he was just onside as the ball was played....he moved forward as Rodwell went the other direction and by the time the ball got past him he did look offside.....but he wasn't when the ball was kicked.

I wish they'd never messed about with the offside rule, even officials don't know when it's on or not with any real certainty at times.

If a player is offside, regardless of whether they are interfering or not, it should be offside, it makes everyone's life much easier.
I don't get how any player in the box can be considered not interfering with play. He's a distraction to defenders at the very least.

Fair enough, I only saw the replays after the incident which suggested the West Ham player was offiside and blocking Pickford's view. If he wasn't offside, fair enough.

I stick by my point though, they should do away with interfering with play etc. if a player is offside, they should be offside, whether they touch the ball or not.

John Stones was denied a "goal" yesterday as Aguero leaping (but missing) for the cross was deemed as him being "active"......and he was nowhere near reaching it.

I bet if this was one of the top teams conceding that goal in the last minute the ref wouldn't be so quick to give it.

Of course they would it wasn't offside man :lol:

Only our fans man. 'We wuz robbed'- the clearly onside goal wasn't given offside because we aren't a top club. You couldn't make it up.

It was open to interpretation certainly, personally I thought it was offside though their penalty shouts were also open to interpretation and I think they should have got one so it is difficult to lay the blame on the ref. Moyes' tactics (or lack thereof) is what cost us, not the ref.
The lad was level with Rodwell.

Just saw the goal. If that had been conceded against me, I would be very pissed off. How can a player standing in front of the keeper, obstructing his view not be interfering. I will say though that these are rarely given so there is consistency.

Wasn't offside.

More bothered about McNair and Gooch taking no notice of the what was happening and then even when McNair saw the corner about to be taken he still did nothing about it other than point at Gooch to go and sort it himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back