Not offside then....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has anyone heard that wanker Keith Hackett on the radio of late? He makes it sound as if he never once made a mistake when he refereed.

I've already read on Twitter it was Moyes fault due to zonal marking :lol::lol::lol:

We've conceded a lot of goals this season due to not getting out to the ball or picking up players on set pieces.

Apparently the player who was directly in front of Pickford actually moved there from an onside position when the ball was played....Rodders stepped out...:lol:

It was open to interpretation certainly, personally I thought it was offside though their penalty shouts were also open to interpretation and I think they should have got one so it is difficult to lay the blame on the ref. Moyes' tactics (or lack thereof) is what cost us, not the ref.

I wish they'd never messed about with the offside rule, even officials don't know when it's on or not with any real certainty at times.

If a player is offside, regardless of whether they are interfering or not, it should be offside, it makes everyone's life much easier.
100% this.

Or scrap offside rule altogether.

It was open to interpretation certainly, personally I thought it was offside though their penalty shouts were also open to interpretation and I think they should have got one so it is difficult to lay the blame on the ref. Moyes' tactics (or lack thereof) is what cost us, not the ref.
You're spot on. We got lucky not conceding a penalty. O'Shea needs to stop wrestling players in the box for a start. He does it almost every time he's on the pitch. I don't like singling players out but as long as we have players like him we will struggle.

I wish they'd never messed about with the offside rule, even officials don't know when it's on or not with any real certainty at times.

If a player is offside, regardless of whether they are interfering or not, it should be offside, it makes everyone's life much easier.
For me it should be offside only if the player has touched the ball and there is clear daylight between him and the defender.

It wasn't offside though. The West Ham players that were anywhere near Pickford'sline of site were easily onside. Anyone who says otherwise is biased and desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back